Hello to all,

Ok so since yesterday i have no BIS and no WIFI, the connection in the BB shows as 3G but no data service or WIFI, i thought maybe the carrier had stopped the service, but i don't even have WIFI. so when i try to scan for WIFI networks i get the error message in the subject of my post.

can anybody help me figure out what is wrong, it's driving me nuts 2 whole days without my BB is very frustrating, i have tried battery pulls, registering again in the host routing table but no success, could the antenna in my phone be messed up, i frequently use the MiCoach app when running, but could that maybe mess up the antenna? i could not imagine how, but right now i will try anything

I have a 9700 with a mexican carrier, telcel, BIS and NO BES, and searched the forums for similar cases, but have not found a post where there is a solution

Thanks!
    10-09-10 12:03 PM
    Never had that kind of problem on mine before but sounds like a problem with the OS. Have you tried reinstalling it?

You could also update to the latest and see if it works:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Make sure you use Desktop Manager to backup your data first!
    10-09-10 12:38 PM
    i thought about installing a new version of the OS, but also thinking about taking it to the carrier to see if it's the phone, and if i upgrade to a new OS i wont be able to take it in with the warranty, I guess i will have to take it in,

Thanks!
    10-09-10 02:47 PM
    i thought about installing a new version of the OS, but also thinking about taking it to the carrier to see if it's the phone, and if i upgrade to a new OS i wont be able to take it in with the warranty, I guess i will have to take it in,

Thanks!
    updating the os will not void the warranty, taking the device apart yourself will, including doing it at a kiosk. taking it in to your provider like you said you'll do is the best way to have them figure out the problem. it's also possible that the BIS wasnt activated at all, sometimes they make mistakes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 03:26 AM
    updating the os will not void the warranty, taking the device apart yourself will, including doing it at a kiosk. taking it in to your provider like you said you'll do is the best way to have them figure out the problem. it's also possible that the BIS wasnt activated at all, sometimes they make mistakes.

Ok, so new problem, i took in the phone and they fixed the Wifi problem with an update, but now i only have WIfi no BIS, i checked the host routing table and it's empty, and when I try to activate it says that the message has been sent but nothing happens, how can i refresh the routing tables? Or what can i do? Thanks!

10-10-10 12:30 PM
    Ok, so new problem, i took in the phone and they fixed the Wifi problem with an update, but now i only have WIfi no BIS, i checked the host routing table and it's empty, and when I try to activate it says that the message has been sent but nothing happens, how can i refresh the routing tables? Or what can i do? Thanks!

Call your carrier. Tell the person you speak with exactly what you posted here. It appears that your carrier has not properly provisioned BIS.
    10-10-10 12:35 PM

Give t-mobile a phone call from another phone and talk to a CSR, keep the sim in the blackberry so they can figure out what the heck is going on. It won't fix itself.

10-10-10 12:38 PM
    Call your carrier and ask him your BIS is still active and ask him if he can verify your pin,
    Also..
    Log into BIS account and send service book, make sure your bis shows your pin,
    in change device see if it's your BB pin, if not add it and send service book.

Or else
    Visit their retail/gallery shop and get it fixed

10-10-10 01:17 PM
    Ok, so i already called my carrier and checked if my BIS service was active, and they said it is, they checked my PIN and IMEI and it was showing up as active, I also resent service books but nothing happens, the carrier says that BIS is active and i already sent my service books, but still the host routing table shows nothing, I guess i'll have to put up camp outside the carrier store to see if someone can help me, i even upgraded the OS to .862 but still nothing

this really sucks!
    10-10-10 09:13 PM
    Update....

So my BB was fried and the carrier had to change it, it seems that the phone had a problem with the actual phone, it had no data in the host routing table, so thanks to everybody for your help

10-15-10 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD