Hey everyone.

I'm very angry right now.

I was using my phone (8900) a few minutes ago, then the screen froze.

I took the battery out while the phone was frozen, then powered it back on.

When it finally came on, my background was changed to the default one, and all my inbox text messages were gone (but all my sent ones were still there as were some mms inbox ones).

It also seems like all my messages are not together like they usually are (as in, I can see my sent and received messages in one folder.

Whenever I turn my phone on and it comes back one, the error "uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointerexception" pops up and gives me the option to hit "Ok". And when I try to access my sms inbox, the same error occurs. I also cannot receive texts.

Earlier today I installed the 3rd party app Texts From Last Night....could that have contributed to the error? I have deleted it though...

ANY help is appreciated as this is extremely frustrating.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by alphaberry; 09-06-09 at 12:00 AM.
    09-05-09 11:57 PM
    chances are, the new app you installed caused the error. i had gotten that error before on my Bold that was caused by programs i installed. usually deleting and redownloading them helped. and for the record, "texts from last night" is some hilarious crap, but i dont think its worth installing an app for.
    09-06-09 12:18 AM
    I had the same problem on my 8330. Different people list different causes of the problem...language pack issues, old message issues, new apps, etc. Here's what I did... reinstalled the language packs I had deleted to save space, found an old message in a hidden folder and deleted it and removed 3rd party apps I wasn't using.

Not sure which "fix" fixed it, but knock on wood, no more problems. It's a common prob and comes up frequently here...
    09-06-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD