i am getting this message on the screen when my phone starts :

uncaught exception :index 5 >=5

does anyone know what this means and what i do to get rid of it?
    12-07-10 08:04 PM
    I could be wrong - however I think this is just like an error with your software and really its just like a windows error.

Most of the time these are caused by an app malfunctioning.

Are your running OS6 or OS5? Either way, I would suggest wiping the OS and updating to the newest version. That should fix it.
    12-07-10 08:13 PM
    i am getting this message on the screen when my phone starts :

uncaught exception :index 5 >=5

does anyone know what this means and what i do to get rid of it?
    Wait until you get a better answer than reinstalling the OS.
    You don't need to reach for the nuclear option for a minor problem which isn't really causing you any trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 09:06 PM
    Or find the suspect app. Remember downloading anything new before this started?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 09:06 PM
    I would back it up and reload the OS
    12-07-10 09:36 PM
    This is likely caused by an application or something. I agree with the individual asking whether you installed something (app, theme, etc) just prior to this error occurring.

On the other hand, reinstalling the OS is not a difficult thing to do, nor is it particularly time consuming... just install things one or two at a time and let it run for a bit and note when the error comes back. That will be your suspect app(s)...
    12-07-10 10:59 PM
    thanks to all .i was having some other issues with my 9700.os 5 running 979.so i decided to wipe with bb sak and do a clean install .i had os 5 862 already so i downgraded to that.so the error is gone.
    12-08-10 12:20 AM
    I installed the latest version of AIM and rec'd, "Uncaught exception: Index 5 >= 5." I deleted it and the error didn't occur after rebooting. I reinstalled AIM and it came back.
    12-30-10 01:10 PM
    You could do without AIM. There are several apps out there that aggregate all sorts of chat/twitter/fb accounts into one screen/app.

Just look around in the "Apps" section....
    12-30-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD