Of course you don't! Carry on. Just please think twice next time you call out a fellow enthusiast and don't do it! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    12-13-19 07:30 PM
    Of course you don't! Carry on. Just please think twice next time you call out a fellow enthusiast and don't do it! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    I explained the exact difference. You just chose to ignore it.
    BBuso77 and anon(10622733) like this.
    12-13-19 07:32 PM
    Off topic:
    I have a question with an autoloader. Are the updates officially provided by BlackBerry? Or where do you get the updates from? And if my phone bricks, who do I contact? Thanks for an answer.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-13-19 07:40 PM
    You are 100% correct! The Cobalt work around is a sticky here I believe! For someone to insinuate the promotion to pirate apps is ludicrous!

Posted via my Passport
    Interesting how you call out a fellow member for potential Pirating of BlackBerry Apps that cannot be paid for through Cobalt's Playstore!

Posted via my Passport

Going back thread, I'm suspicious you and conite are speaking of different things. You the Cobalt PlayStore, him of this. Am I correct?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-19 07:48 PM
    Going back thread, I'm suspicious you and conite are speaking of different things. You the Cobalt PlayStore, him of this. Am I correct?

Posted via CB10
    Correct!

Posted via my Passport
    12-13-19 07:52 PM
    Off topic:
    I have a question with an autoloader. Are the updates officially provided by BlackBerry? Or where do you get the updates from? And if my phone bricks, who do I contact? Thanks for an answer.
    From TCL.

The autoloaders are the only way to fix a brick actually. It cannot cause a brick.
    12-13-19 07:57 PM
    My formulation was wrong. I meant what happens if my smartphone stops working after using an autoloader.

Another question: Do you have a contract with TCL or can anyone get official permission from TCL to create an autoloader?
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    12-13-19 08:02 PM
    Correct!

Posted via my Passport
    But what does the BB10 thing have to do with what was being discussed?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-19 08:18 PM
    Well, my bad then. Wasn't even aware of the other Cobalt offerings! But calling out a member is still not right! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    12-13-19 08:22 PM
    My formulation was wrong. I meant what happens if my smartphone stops working after using an autoloader.

Another question: Do you have a contract with TCL or can anyone get official permission from TCL to create an autoloader?
    As I said, you can't brick a device with an autoloader.

I don't have a contract, and there are no terms of services that deals with the creation of autoloaders.
    12-13-19 09:14 PM
    Well, my bad then. Wasn't even aware of the other Cobalt offerings! But calling out a member is still not right! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    No one called anyone out. I simply suggested that people pay for services they use instead of pirating - particularly because of the precarious situation we find ourselves in with respect to BlackBerry-branded devices and software.
    BBuso77 likes this.
    12-13-19 09:15 PM
    Oh, OK!

Posted via my Passport
    12-13-19 09:18 PM
    As I said, you can't brick a device with an autoloader.

I don't have a contract, and there are no terms of services that deals with the creation of autoloaders.
    Perhaps my last questions for today: Do you download the update from a TCL server? And could others get access as well?
    12-13-19 09:23 PM
    Perhaps my last questions for today: Do you download the update from a TCL server? And could others get access as well?
    I'll simply say I have not been granted any special privileges.
    12-13-19 09:38 PM
    Thank you, even if that doesn't answer my questions. But no answer is also an answer.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-13-19 10:19 PM
    Priv was exactly designed like what you said above but you know the end result? I believe priv was failed for the other reason, the poor specs. Priv form factor was something that blackberry would have chosen for key series. They chose a wrong path. Masses simply didn't like 3:2 aspect ratio with a tail of keyboard. It looks totally odd to them.

Classic is magic!
    I'm another that prefers VKB over PKB. Never thought I would, until I got the Z10. I came to the Z10 after having a Torch 9800 and 9810. The BlackBerry VKB is the only vkb I love and use. When I got a Priv to replace my Z10, I never used the PKB, except to show people it existed. I loved the Priv, but it was bulky. I'd really wanted another slab, but the Z230 wasn't available on AT&T. Moved from the Priv to the Motion. Loved the Motion until its specs showed its age (and that terrible camera). I've now moved to a Pixel 3, with the BB suite (subscribed), and the VKB (through BlackBerry manager).

The Z10 showed me how important having a good size screen was. And the VKB was done to perfection. No need for a pkb, and I never would go back to one now. Yes, there can be benefits to one, but technology moves on and one can be very productive and efficient without it.

What do I miss now from BB phones is an LED and convenience key. I'll move on from those, too, as the need for good specs on a phone finally bested my love of BlackBerry devices. Grateful their suite and keyboard is available on other phones. I wouldn't love my Pixel 3 as much without them.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-13-19 11:06 PM
    This thing cost $2000, and it sold more in 2 months than the KEY2 and LE in a year and a half.

Mind. Blown.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...mbers-1065671/
    Sooo apparently it did not actually do 1 million, but 1 million is the goal...

Seems to be sitting between 400K-500K

[Update: Nope] Samsung says it has sold 1 million Galaxy Fold devices

According to a report from Yonhap News, a Samsung spokesperson has said the company has not sold 1 million Galaxy Fold units. Sohn may have been confused the number with Samsung’s goal to sell 1 million units by the end of the year. We don’t know exactly how many devices have been sold, but some analysts have put the number around 400,000-500,000. Certainly less impressive than 1 million, but still decent for such a niche device.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...million-units/
    12-14-19 05:39 AM
    Sooo apparently it did not actually do 1 million, but 1 million is the goal...

Seems to be sitting between 400K-500K

[Update: Nope] Samsung says it has sold 1 million Galaxy Fold devices

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...million-units/
    That's still about the same number as KEY2 and LE combined in a year and a half lol
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-14-19 09:10 PM
    That's still about the same number as KEY2 and LE combined in a year and a half lol
    Lol, indeed.

I think they’ll hit 1 million before middle of next year.
    12-15-19 02:06 AM
    Thank you, even if that doesn't answer my questions. But no answer is also an answer.
    This explains to us many many things....
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    12-15-19 02:30 AM
    I'm have spent much more than that on BlackBerry faild products as BB Storm, BB Playbook, BB Torch and Prive. All of them las less than a year.
    Curve 8130, bold 9900, Q10 and Keyone was expensive but usable.
    12-15-19 06:07 AM
    This explains to us many many things....
    Like what exactly?
    12-15-19 07:55 AM
    It's not that there isn't innovation without a PKB, it's that the PKB IS a valuable hardware attribute, whether on a smartphone, a tablet or on a desktop/laptop.
    There is zero argument a PKB IS a valuable hardware attribute on the devices noted. Proof is the explosion of 2n1 devices in the tablet and laptop form factor and one cannot even fathom a desktop without physical keys.

The issue with the very good Key devices is execution. It's hard to do and is expensive. The device PKB or not has to be distributed, marketed and supported. If any of those pieces are not in place your everybody but Apple, Samsung and lately Google (however Google is making mistakes it cannot afford too and botched the Pixel line originally with a carrier "exclusive."
    the_boon likes this.
    12-15-19 12:50 PM
    Lol, indeed.

I think they’ll hit 1 million before middle of next year.
    I don't know who would be crazy enough to buy an OG Fold when the Fold 2 is available to buy.

If you're gonna spend that kind of dough (over a grand) then you're gonna want the second gen product that brings improvements over the prior gen one.

Basically, it makes more sense to buy a $2000 Fold 2 than a discounted $1300 OG Fold
    12-15-19 01:05 PM
    There is zero argument a PKB IS a valuable hardware attribute on the devices noted. Proof is the explosion of 2n1 devices in the tablet and laptop form factor and one cannot even fathom a desktop without physical keys.
    Your comparisons of pocketable devices where one or two fingers are used to "type" against much larger devices designed to be set down for 10-finger typing is a largely invalid comparison, and the market has certainly come to that conclusion, as evidenced by the far-sub-1% marketshare of PKB smartphones (from ALL manufacturers combined) compared to all-touch smartphones.

While your point that getting the balance right is true, the Key devices are as close to the perfect balance as you are going to get in an Android device that has a Play Store license, and sales are negligible and falling by 50% a year. And you aren't going to get a non-licensed device from any major manufacturer, so you're left with tiny companies like Unihertz who can survive making 3000 phones a year - not that those phones are likely to get much if any after-sale support. Those are hobbyist devices, not mainstream devices for mainstream work.
    12-15-19 05:32 PM
131 ... 3456