Hi guys,

I just got my first BlackBerry a few hours ago and immediately updated to os 5.0.0.411.

I have keyed in my wifi settings, and ensured that the WEP is correct. However, when trying to surf on the browser, I get the following error:
    "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

Any ideas on what I am doing wrongly?

Additional info:
    [Browser settings]
    Browser: Hotspot Browser

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Gerald
    02-07-10 10:38 AM
    Ok I did some searching and found this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

However, the problem I found under Wifi diagnostics was that the status is: IP Address no longer valid. Why is this so?

Thanks in advance
    02-07-10 10:50 AM
    I have a repeater at home (one main router, and another router that amplifies the signal throughout the house).

It seems that my BB connects to the repeater and not the main router. Both have the same SSID. FYI :/
    02-07-10 11:00 AM
    Ok I did some searching and found this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

However, the problem I found under Wifi diagnostics was that the status is: IP Address no longer valid. Why is this so?

Thanks in advance

oh i have the exact same prob as u too but i cant figure things out either!!
    02-21-10 01:16 PM
    I have a repeater at home (one main router, and another router that amplifies the signal throughout the house).

It seems that my BB connects to the repeater and not the main router. Both have the same SSID. FYI :/
    Can you say this is my brother Darrel and my other brother Darrel. Why on earth would you have the same SSID broadcast?
    02-21-10 02:09 PM
    Try going to options>mobile network>turn on data service.
    Last time I tried turning off the data and going to the browser using wi-fi and it the same thing pop-out.

Hope it helped!

Adeline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD