I haven't been able to turn on wifi ever since I did a soft restart 3 days ago. After the soft restart I wasn't able to turn wifi on.

Things i've done already:
    - Several batt pulls (left the battery out for 5 minutes)
    - Resent service books
    - Wiped the device and reloaded os 5.0.0.314
    - Did browser fix/batt pull/resent service books
    - Wiped the device and downgraded to 4.6.0.304
    - Batt pull/resent service books
    - Wiped the devive and reloaded 5.0.0.314 again
    - Did browser fix/batt pull/resent service books again
    - I even took apart my bold to check the circuit board, which appears to be fine

Everything works fine, except for wifi. Prior to this everything was working and I had zero issues with .314 (no random reboots). I am starting to think my bold is having a hardware issue. My bold is 1 years old already if that matters. I did a search and everyone says do a batt pull, but I did that even before searching out of common sense, which didn't work. If you have any possible suggestion let me know.
    11-24-09 06:54 PM
    What exactly happens when you enable WiFi? Since you've wiped you would have lost any saved WiFi profiles, so are you scanning for networks, manually entering your SSID and PSK? Or are you flat out not able to enable WiFi?
    11-24-09 06:57 PM
    When I try to click the box to enable wifi it won't let me check it. Even when I do try to scan for networks it it says "unable to turn on wifi." As for the wifi profiles, I still have my wifi profiles since I backed them up and restored them. I just can't flat out enable wifi, which is why i'm clueless.
    11-24-09 07:02 PM
    I uploaded the same OS but my problem is a little bit different... WiFi is the only data usage it allows me to use it does not let me browse with my carriers data plan I get a msg saying this is not a wifi supported service... Hmmm strange?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 07:09 PM
    I uploaded the same OS but my problem is a little bit different... WiFi is the only data usage it allows me to use it does not let me browse with my carriers data plan I get a msg saying this is not a wifi supported service... Hmmm strange?

Yeah that is strange. I was able to browse the web with my data plan and wifi on .314 for the 3-4 weeks i've been running it until this problem came up.
    11-24-09 07:15 PM
    When you downgraded did wifi work?

11-24-09 07:28 PM
    I was hoping that a downgrade would, but it did not fix the wifi problem. I'm still unable to check the wifi box and scan for wifi networks.
    11-24-09 07:35 PM
    i have two blackberry bolds that are roaming at the moment. had no problem for a week with wi-fi roaming out of my digicel network. all of a sudden this morning both phones lost wi-fi and i get the message unable to turn on wi-fi. wi-fi is grayed out and i can't make it active. after reading all these things i am leaning towards it being, all of a sudden, a network issue and not 2 phones that suddenly have hardware issues. one of the phones is a week old! hummmmmm, if anyone has uncovered a fix, if it is a phone thing, i am all ears.
    12-13-09 04:28 PM
    My wifi went down on my (BES provisioned) 9000 recently.

I was running an early 5.x I think .312, and it stopped working. I am unable to turn it on now, it blinks, then turns off.

Reset the device
    upgraded OS (to 5.0.0.411)
    removed all apps
    wiped device to factory
    downgraded OS (to 4.6)

Thought this might be of use to y'all
    Last edited by thegrinchd; 12-28-09 at 07:53 PM.
    12-28-09 07:50 PM
    I have an Unlocked/Unbranded Bold 9000 that I bought from Cable & Wireless. I cannot turn on my Wi-Fi either. I've done device wipes, JL_Cmder wipes, official latest Cable & Wireless OS running on the phone, and yes NUMEROUS battery pulls, let the phone sit over night in between some battery pulls.

For the past few months this has been happening..
    06-28-10 04:36 PM
    I had the same problem with my 9000, upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0. Exactly the same problems as the first person, sent my BB back and they swapped it for a new one due to hardware failure. Too frightened to upgrade to 5.0 again!
    07-05-10 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD