Hello,

I have a new 9700 with AT&T. For the life of me, whatever I do, I cannot use WiFi.
    I am connected to my wireless router, the browser is set to 'Hotspot', I am getting IP address from the router, I have a dash (-) next to the connection, the WiFi logo is gray on the top right and when I try to go to a web address it doesn't do anything. It attempts to connect, the "Requesting" bar moves slowly and when it reaches roughly 50% it pops an error message "Unable to find the requested server".

I read though other posts but can't get the damn thing to work. I just don't get what I am missing here.
    Will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Edit: Adding Wi-Fi Diagnostic if it can be of any help. Thanks!

Code:
    Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: Hasharon
    SSID: Hasharon
    AP MAC Address: 00:1F:XX:XX:YY:YX
    Security Type: Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.51
    Signal Level:  
    Connection Data Rate: 54 Mbps

VPN
    Current Profile:  
    Concentrator Address:  
    Authentication: N/A
    Secure Device IP:   

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Connecting: Error
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    Sent from my BlackBerry
    Last edited by sbi; 03-18-10 at 05:41 AM.
    03-17-10 07:49 PM
    Update:

Problem solved!
    Here is what was wrong:
    I have two routers (long story) - one is wired, a switch behind it, and behind the switch I have a wireless router.
    Turns out, the DHCP in the main (wired) router was limited to 6 clients, thus when the BB connected to the network it acquired the IP from the wireless router which serves as a hotspot.
    I changed the number of clients in the main router, disabled DHCP in the wireless, and now BB is connected with a green mark and browser works just fine.
    We learn something new every day :-)

Thanks!
    Last edited by sbi; 03-18-10 at 07:47 PM.
    03-18-10 07:27 PM
    Two conflicting DHCP servers will often cause confusing problems particularly when only one is supposed to exist on the network.
    03-20-10 07:51 PM
    Yeah, I know. Reason why I enabled the DHCP on the wireless router is that I wasn't able to acquire IP on BB and I couldn't figure out why. I later learned why - the main router was limited in number of clients

Thanks!
    03-22-10 06:56 PM
    i am say, VPN on iphone is so simple and just what's up Blackberry?? i cannot get it working on my Bold
    04-23-10 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD