What is this. I went to use my BB browser today and i got this message. I have already done a battery pull, resent service books, re-registered the device. I am stuck...
    andreszs likes this.
    08-07-08 03:15 PM
    All is well. Found out from BlackBerry to try hitting alt and both escape keys at the same time. Worked fine...
    08-07-08 03:33 PM
    woah

I have never ever heard of this before... someone please enlighten us!

Are you on BES or BIS?
    08-07-08 03:38 PM
    woah

I have never ever heard of this before... someone please enlighten us!

Are you on BES or BIS?
    I'm on BIS. Verizon CS was unable to help. Went to BlackBerry.com in the troubleshoot section, went to browser issues or whatever and it was right there. I have no idea what i did, but my browser works fine now. CS wanted me to backup my device, wipe it, re-install OS. I knew that i did not have to do that, cause i come here all the time. So I found out on my own and called Verizon CS back and told them how i resolved this issue. I wonder now how many people has this happened to? And went thru the process of reloading the OS when it was not needed. The world may never know...
    08-07-08 04:07 PM
    All is well. Found out from BlackBerry to try hitting alt and both escape keys at the same time. Worked fine...
    May you detail this a little further for me. I am having the same issue with my 9630 and i'm on verizon. I'm not finding 2 escape keys, just the one and also, when do you perform this function? With browser open or just anytime? Your help is greatly appreciated as I cannot find this solution anywhere. I give up. Thank you.
    08-03-09 05:40 AM
    Using Twitter @BlackberryHelp advised me to conduct a Security Wipe (on Torch, visit Options: Security: Security Wipe) and elect to wipe only Email/Contacts. This will take a little while. REMEMBER TO BACK UP DATA ON DESKTOP BEFORE WIPE>

Once you've wiped the data your phone will reboot with the factory settings. Try your browser and visit the sites you were normally blocked from. If they work, proceed:

After wipe is completed, plug in the Torch to USB/computer and choose Restore from the upper left hand menu options. In Restore, Select Data to Restore. Only restore Email messages, Text Messages, Calendar, and Sounds. Stay away from any of the other items - the "virus" that is causing this is on of those applications/permissions, certificates, etc.

Since RIM can not pin point it this your best bet.

And remember to visit @BlackberryHelp.

Hope this helps!
    12-21-10 11:55 AM
    There's no need to wipe the device. Go to your Security Options, Advanced, and TLS. Set your TLS settings from "Proxy" to "Handheld" and that should resolve your issue unless you're bound by a Blackberry Policy restricting that setting. Also, make sure your 'Allow FIPS Algorithms Only' is set to "No".
    Last edited by K-hill; 01-11-11 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-11-11 11:20 AM
    There's no need to wipe the device. Go to your Security Options, Advanced, and TLS. Set your TLS settings from "Proxy" to "Handheld" and that should resolve your issue unless you're bound by a Blackberry Policy restricting that setting. Also, make sure your 'Allow FIPS Algorithms Only' is set to "No".
    How do I do this on OS 6?
    06-13-11 12:18 PM
    What caused the problem to begin with?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 02:13 PM
    It was a key combo I happened to hit on my 8130 Pearl that caused it. From what I remember I hit the Alt key and the two arrow keys on the bottom right at the same time. I had to do it again to fix the issue. I was trying to do a soft reset and hit the wrong keys.
    06-15-11 11:35 AM
    How do I do this on OS 6?
    Universal search "TLS"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 11:46 AM
    I'm getting the same error message when i try to access an https website on my Bold 9790. My TLS does not show an option to change to 'Handheld' from 'Proxy'. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    04-03-13 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD