Applications such as Facebook, lexulous lite and fightin' words free (along with my browser) worked perfectly well on my BB9780 across my home wifi before my mobile network operator chose me for a 4 day promotional service of free 4G blackberry service. All that happened without me even having a say into it. Now the service has expired and I am unable to access those applications via wifi now (the web browser has been left unaffected by this however). When lexulous is opened it says that I have 'insufficient data coverage. Please try again.', when I execute fightin' words free it shows that it is 'unable to contact fightin word's server at this moment.', and Facebook comes up with 'we cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. please try again later. (100)'. Now, this has never been a problem before, and clearly my router is fine because i am able to access the browser on my phone, and all other devices works perfectly well. What's even odd is that my sister's phone is able to access facebook (the browser also) without a problem after the end of said service. I can't understand what's going on - it could be that the service provider installed something into my phone to mess with the configurations on my phone. How do I get everything back to the way it was ? Help, please. Thanks.
    07-28-12 12:30 AM
    Do you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan now? If not, that's what you need.
    07-28-12 06:51 AM
    I didn't have it before. At the same time, how come my sister has still been able to use her applications (facebook in particular). How do you explain that ? The only applications that didn't work across my wifi before were all the messenger apps that came with the phone (including the blackberry msgr).

What are service books ? From what I have been reading that's where these new configuration settings are stored. Should I delete ? Some advice please.
    07-28-12 08:32 AM
    As posted in your other thread ... KB03151-What is the service book

As to whether or not it worked before and now doesn't, well things change.
    07-28-12 08:49 AM
    Thanks SwitchBeach. After a reboot of my phone, the apps started to work normally with my wifi again .
    hubermania likes this.
    07-28-12 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD