Wow.

I just got off the phone w/Verizon. I had to beg for a refund for 10 months' worth of being charged (overcharged) for my data plan. The brainiac who set me up in January gave me BES without consulting me on my usage. I had no idea average joes were paying $29.99/month for unlimited data. I only succeeded in getting two months' worth of a refund, which pisses me off .. but whatever.

Now here's the deal. While I was on the phone, getting my plan changed, my Blackberry was going rogue. I had a message notification, and there were *6* messages saying my gmail account was activated (and I'd be receiving messages within 20 minutes, yada yada). I set up that account on the BB several days ago and have received messages ever since, including this morning before I called Verizon. Hmm.

But the strangest thing of all? A Facebook icon now appears on my home screen. Why is that strange? I never added facebook. I used it online until about a month ago, but not even in conjunction with an email address that is routed to my BB. WTF???????

Ya gotta admit, as weird BB stories go, this one is up there.
    Last edited by leftcoaster; 11-30-08 at 09:44 AM.
    11-30-08 09:42 AM
    You got the notifications because they were sending service books to your phone. That is also where the facebook icon came from. I delete it from my service books on the device but it comes back if i resend the books.
    11-30-08 09:50 AM
    my story is more weird.... My BlackBerry stole my car and picked up a prostitute!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 09:51 AM
    You got the notifications because they were sending service books to your phone. That is also where the facebook icon came from. I delete it from my service books on the device but it comes back if i resend the books.
    But I've sent service books to my phone at least a dozen times, and never had a Facebook icon appear. Not even in my apps screen.
    11-30-08 09:51 AM
    my story is more weird.... My BlackBerry stole my car and picked up a prostitute!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh, snap. Okay, you win. Did BB also pay the nice young lady?
    11-30-08 09:52 AM
    (llsundwnll's berry) ...sorry about that mess in the backseat. Next time leae me some wipes
    11-30-08 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD