Ok here is my question, i have the blackberry curve 8320 and I am connected to my wireless router and internet. I am able to make calls on my curve via UMA with wifi on. I don't have the Hotspots @ Home service, so when the calls from uma am i gonna be charged for the calls. Do i have to sign up for the Hotspots @ Home service? if anyone can help please let me know

Aaron
    02-10-08 02:53 PM
    The cost of the calls will be based on your package...

I have 1500 minutes a month, so all the calls I make over UMA come off that package...
    02-10-08 03:17 PM
    hotspot@home add on gives unlimited calling on UMA, otherwise uses minutes
    02-10-08 08:11 PM
    I guess this is a noobie question but what is the advantage of UMA > TMo Calls if one doesn't have the hotspot@home service?

yay first post!
    02-19-08 08:05 PM
    well if u have a hotspot calling plan with tmobile.($10 bucks.) its unlimitied as far as i know. hey just wondering when the bb storm 2(onyx) comes will it have uma???
    08-02-09 06:07 PM
    The advantage of UMA >TMO is signal strength. If you have a weak cell signal then UMA (if available) is the way to go. You will still be billed cell minutes if you do not have the Hot Spot@Home service but you will get a good signal.
    08-12-09 07:15 AM
    ya def. if you hae the ability spend the 9.99 for unlimited hotspot @home.....as long as the call originates UMA the whole conerversation is free! well at least is doesn't pull from your plan minutes....its great if you have weak signal at home or office or friends.....or in my case I can save buku bucks cuz I subscribe to the cheapest tmo family plan 59.99 family time 700 and make most calls UMA....Im saving 100+ dollars a month from my old verizon.....and I cancelled my home phone.....dont need it...so my total realized savings are 150+ a month with fantastic call clarity and I can take my call at home on the road seamlessly...AND I get tmo's kick tail customer service
    08-16-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD