Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. Why is it that Orange can have uma in UK but Vodafone can't. Seeming as vodafoe are supposed to be biggest carrier in uk, this does seem a bit strange. Any reason? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 04:28 PM
    You said it. They are the biggest carrier in the UK. They have faith in their network
    02-22-10 04:48 PM
    But the problem is :where I live vodafone does not work. I live in a small village and can't use my phone- I use wifi for email etc. I find it frustrating they don't have uma. Why??!!

02-22-10 05:39 PM
    But the problem is :where I live vodafone does not work. I live in a small village and can't use my phone- I use wifi for email etc. I find it frustrating they don't have uma. Why??!!

So get orange then.

02-22-10 06:03 PM
    I am tied in a contract. Christ , this site is hard work.

02-22-10 06:05 PM
    sounds like u need to push Voda for better service or tell them how upset u are @ the lack of coverage
    02-22-10 06:08 PM
    Lol, it should work, UMA should recognize your WI-FI, its just because you dont have good service for the actual network.
    02-22-10 06:55 PM
    I rang vfone-no uma function.

02-24-10 04:01 PM
    im orange on a 8520, how do i get uma to work, do i just connect to my home network?
    02-24-10 04:48 PM
    im orange on a 8520, how do i get uma to work, do i just connect to my home network?
    Yep, it is as simple as that. Add a connection to your Wi-Fi network. The phone will reach over your Wi-Fi and establish UMA and BIS connections. Same goes for almost any public Wi-Fi hotspot, except the few that block the IPSec protocol used by UMA.

If you are tech savvy, go into your Wi-Fi router settings and set the beacon interval down to 50. This isn't necessary, but you'll get a much more solid UMA connection.
    02-24-10 04:59 PM
    Yep, it is as simple as that. Add a connection to your Wi-Fi network. The phone will reach over your Wi-Fi and establish UMA and BIS connections. Same goes for almost any public Wi-Fi hotspot, except the few that block the IPSec protocol used by UMA.

If you are tech savvy, go into your Wi-Fi router settings and set the beacon interval down to 50. This isn't necessary, but you'll get a much more solid UMA connection.
    Thanks man! Does it take a certain amount of time to connect or anything?
    02-24-10 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD