Ok I just upgraded to the 8120, and for the life of me, I can't get uma connected with my belkin wireless 'b' router. Is this because the uma requires a 'g' or 'n' connection or am I just dumb. I have gone through all of the wifi how to's on this site and (tried) to optimize for UMA, some of the options detailed in the optimization instructions aren't even available on my router's config. I have it on a less used channel (3), mac address filtering is on, I have ports 450 and 5000 for udp enabled (I could be wrong on these numbers I have played with it in a few days), and I have DMZ setup for my phone's IP address. Is my router just too old, or outdated. I think i got my router before the 'g' technology even existed lol.

Oh yeah, I noticed that the connection speed reports much lower than other wifi routers I've used my laptop with, It usually says I'm connected at 55mbps at my school, whereas my router reports 11mbps.

Thanks for any help.
    11-05-08 12:07 PM
    Yes, it operate on 802.11g only. You should really look into getting a new router. The speed differences you see between 55 and 11 are the network types. 802.11b only has a max bandwidth of 11mbps, where as 802.11g has 54/55.
    11-05-08 12:28 PM
    Thanks, for the quick reply I was starting to get discouraged, I'll probably just pick up the t-mo one, as the same model in walmart is 20 bucks more.
    11-05-08 12:30 PM
    I would suggest getting one of the T-Mobile routers. They are optimized for the WiFi. They have two of them for $30.00 Unsupported Browser

And they have a dedicated router tech support group that's there 24/7. I don't know about you but whenever I have problems they occur when the mfg tech support lines are closed.
    11-07-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD