OK i have set up my unlocked phone for Orange UK UMA following the UMA instructions posted for the Engineering screen and double checked them.
    Rebooted the Torch and connected to wifi with BB symbol showing, however the UMA symbol does not show and also my network connection on the computer disconnects from the router and reconnects about every 15/30 secs.
    I checked on the net to make sure my ISP supports it with there router and all is well with that.
    Any body got any info as to what might cause this.
    11-07-10 09:38 AM
    Do you have UMA service books installed?

I know I cannot use UMA because Bell does not have service books for them.
    11-07-10 11:32 AM
    I have some service books installed is there a specific one eg name of book/file then can see if i got it.Orange told me if i get the setting it will work but wont give me any support eg help as its not a branded Orange phone.
    if i go into the engineering screen and scroll to the bottom of the page where it says utilities there is GAN control which is similar to UMA looked at that but didnt change anything came straight out of the Eng screen .iv tried a few times with the settings just in case i did make a mistake but all with the same results
    11-07-10 03:04 PM
    I phoned Orange UK today and asked about the service books saying i had a problem with UMA and they sent me some updated ones so will give it another go,hope it works .
    11-08-10 12:08 PM
    Set the connection preffered to WiFi Preffered in Mobile Network Options and it should stay connected whenever you're connected to wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD