I've kind of read thru some posts on UMA, but they all seem to be pretty old. Does anyone have updated info on UMA signals? I have tech shield in my home, & it blocks cell signals. I've been fighting this issue for 5 years & with my last BB8900, it was working fairly well. Well the 8900 started acting up, & I was told it's just old & I need a new one. The problem is that the people at TMO, don't all understand my issue & what UMA is! They sold me a Samsung Vibrant, which is way cool, but first & formost, I need a good cell signal, and it doesn't do UMA(even tho the sales person said it would) So I'm going to take it back & get another BB. Is this a service that is getting thrown by the wayside? Do any of the other cell companies have UMA service, or it is still just TMO? I can't believe there isn't an answer to this black hole of cell service in my home!
    09-01-10 07:40 PM
    As of right now, only Blackberrys have UMA features available to them. The Vibrant does not.
    09-01-10 07:56 PM
    Went and got a BB9700. UMA works like a charm! Should've stuck with BB to begin with. It is so wonderful to recieve my cell calls, in the otherwise "dead" zone in my house. I just can't figure out why the salespeople at the cell stores, & customer service don't understand this service. ATT, is clueless, they told me the Iphone would work, TMO actually has it, but most of their people don't seem to totally understand it. Oh well, I'm happy, now.
    09-03-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD