View Poll Results: Can you help me?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have the same problem.

0 0%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
  • Yea, I know it and I will post the answer.

0 0%
  • No reason for this poll just checking it out.

1 100.00%
    I looked everywhere for the answer and still found none. I have the unlimited Hotspot calling plan but I constantly lose UMA to EDGE and back again which gets annoying. I live near a University Apartment Complex where there are multiple WiFi networks. I have used to scan site survey tool on the phone to Identify which channel is the least used one but still have problems. When I go back home it works fine and it also works fine on the University WiFi, Starbucks, Tapioca Express, Sandwich place, Friends house, but some reason my apartment.

I own a T-mobile Blackberry Pearl 8220 Flip (OS 4.6.0.180) and a Linksys Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WRT310N v1.0 Firmware v1.0.07 build 014-LS-HND).

I have checked for all the updates on T-mobile which the OS is the latest and Linksys where the Router Firmware is the latest.

I also looked at this Linksys Router Tips - BlackBerryFAQ

I used the following in the advance wireless:
    Per LINKSYS tech support use the following values in your router:

* Fragment Threshold : 2304 (256-2346)
    * RTS Threshold : 2304 (0-2347)
    * Beacon Interval : 50 (20-1024 ms)

No result I still cannot find the problem. I doubt the security is the problem since my home has the same setup and MAC filtering is used at my school but the security used as follows:
    Security Protocol : WPA2
    Type: AES
    MAC Filtering on
    SSID Broadcast Disable

The following is the Wireless configuration:
    Mode: Mixed
    Radio Band: Wide - 40MHz Channel
    Wide Channel: 9
    Standard Channel: 7

I hope someone can help me.
    Last edited by maxknux; 08-23-09 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Links
    06-18-09 07:12 AM
    try setting your router mode to B and G instead of or mixed. It seems like a lot of ppl are having issues with this on wireless N routers.
    06-30-09 08:37 PM
    Thanks for your advice and it seems like that should work but doing so would reduce the speed benefit of N mode. I paid additional to get a N card for my laptop and my other room mate also has a N card so doing so would reduce the speed but gives a good answer to why it simply has problems at my apartment. Is there any N router that works well with UMA phones like my Blackberry Flip.
    07-04-09 06:21 AM
    I looked everywhere for the answer and still found none. I have the unlimited Hotspot calling plan but I constantly lose UMA to EDGE and back again which gets annoying.

I hope someone can help me.

Have you figured out a solution to this?
    07-26-09 05:32 PM
    Well the solution was fixed by itself by reloading the OS in my Blackberry with a wipe to the device which fixed the problem. I just recently crashed it by installing a application and completely nuked the Blackberry. I got a replacement and it has been working ever since but there are slight problems when I move out of Wifi which leaves me with no service but a simple turn off connections and on fixing that issue.

I also found out that Wifi N is not a standard yet and it is in draft by soon will get approved by the IEEE. I still have not changed any of my router configuration yet and still in mixed mode (B, G, and N).
    07-26-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD