My internet Service Provider recently came over to upgrade my internet connection to fiber optics, thus changing all routers at home.

Prior to this change, I used one Thomson Router model TG585 (for over 3 years) where my Blackberry 9700 connected perfectly fine as UMA.

Now, I have the following setup. On the ground floor, I have one Thomson Router model TG585 (same model as my previous, but just another box), and on my top floor I have a Cisco EA4500. Both routers are connected to a Home (Residential) Gateway (also on the top floor). Since this installation, I was unable to connect to UMA. And I know for a fact the problem is not from my phone or Tmobile because it works perfectly fine at my friend�s house.

The error code I get is W006.3. I googled the error but didn�t find solid information for a solution. One solution was about enabling IPSec which I am unable to find on the router�s options. That might be the issue. I did a battery pull multiple times but didn�t help.

It did however connect once all of a sudden to the bottom TG585 router as UMA and I was surprised. Tried connecting to the top router and back to TG585, did not work again.

Any ideas on what can be done?
    04-06-13 12:57 AM
    Got to be a router configuration issue, but I'm not sure what setting it is you need to tweak.
    04-11-13 03:23 PM
    One troubleshooting step I use, when old device don't work with a new router is to force the router to b or g. Seems some of the n routers dont work well with older devices.
    04-11-13 04:53 PM