Ok first I'd like to apolagize I know this should be in the wifi thread which it IS but I can't get a single reply there.

Basiclly my issue is I get bad reception with ATT in my apartment and I'd like to know if there is a way with the bold on said network to do UMA calling? (And/or text messaging)

Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 03:39 AM
    The bold is not UMA compatible.

08-28-09 03:41 AM
    Yeah even if it was on Tmobile, since its not built to do UMA it just won't work

08-28-09 04:04 AM
    Well that's lame.

08-28-09 04:09 AM
    Upgrade to the 8900!!

08-28-09 06:13 AM
    Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) depends on your carriers support and a UMA provisioned device.

AT&T does not maintain the necessary servers to support UMA, so even the Wifi enabled BlackBerrys (8120, 8230, 8900 and Bold) do not contain the provisioning.

Poor signal quality at home or in your office can be overcome with UMA support, but that can only be accomplished by switching to T-Mobile USA, Rogers Canada, or O2/Orange in the UK.
    08-28-09 09:16 AM
    you can take your bold to tmo and get UMA going on it though.....etf's would prob suck though.......
    08-31-09 09:10 AM
    I'm running Rogers and would love to get UMA going (especially when I travel overseas). Any "instructions" on how to accomplish this?
    08-31-09 03:58 PM
    search "unlock uma bold".........I wish i had saved that link in my signature.....
    09-01-09 09:52 AM
    you can take your bold to tmo and get UMA going on it though.....etf's would prob suck though.......
    So TMobile will install the needed hardware on a Bold in order to get UMA?
    09-01-09 11:12 PM
    no if your able to find it again.....all you need to do is find the steps to unlock it.....no hardware....its just a matter of going through the steps....im still looking for you......but if you can help that would be awesome.......you can def. use UMA on a bold the only problem you have is being with a carrier who supports it....and as it is right now thats only TMO........
    09-02-09 09:52 AM
    bump. So can the Bold run the wifi/uma on TMOBILE or no?
    09-25-09 09:04 PM
    No it does not run the UMA on Tmobile

09-25-09 09:33 PM
    AT&T doesn't have UMA, but they're rolling out an Airave-like service called 3G MicroCell that provides similar functionality within your home. Claimed to work with any 3G AT&T phone. All was reported by Chaldo in the AT&T carrier forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/t-3...s-live-319391/
    AT&T 3G MicroCell
    09-26-09 11:58 AM
    Yes, you can run UMA on a bold on TMOBILE....but it's dangerously close to a hack.....PM me and Ill explain the process

and to huber.....the whole femtocell thing.....well....nevermind...the whole airave and microcell thing is an expensive play off TMO's UMA feature as far as I'm concerned and way overated at that

WTF should I pay for a wholly overpriced POS proprietary device to access UMA.....???....

anyway my disgust at sprint/att's antics are shared by most any tech blag/form/site...so Im finished with that
    09-26-09 10:31 PM
    Yes, you can run UMA on a bold on TMOBILE....but it's dangerously close to a hack.....PM me and Ill explain the process

and to huber.....the whole femtocell thing.....well....nevermind...the whole airave and microcell thing is an expensive play off TMO's UMA feature as far as I'm concerned and way overated at that

WTF should I pay for a wholly overpriced POS proprietary device to access UMA.....???....

anyway my disgust at sprint/att's antics are shared by most any tech blag/form/site...so Im finished with that

I don't have enough posts to PM.
    Larry, are you able to PM me the direction?
    Thanks in advance.
    11-19-09 10:28 PM
    Could you PM me the directions too.
    11-26-09 05:09 PM
    Hi Larry -
    I do not have the 10 posts required to PM, or anything close to that, but I am EXTREMELY interested in having UMA on my unlocked BOLD on T-Mobile. PLEASE PM instructions to me. I will sincerely appreciate it. Thanks.
    12-05-09 06:54 AM
    Hi Larry -

I do not have the 10 posts required to PM, or anything close to that, but I am EXTREMELY interested in having UMA on my unlocked BOLD on T-Mobile. PLEASE PM instructions to me. I will sincerely appreciate it. Thanks.
    12-05-09 07:16 AM
    Larry,

May I have the instructions as well? Thanks much.
    01-20-10 11:14 AM
    me too, brother!
    02-16-10 06:53 PM
    I know im dredging up a older post. I'm hoping that this can be done to my 9000 on Rogers can I still PM for in instruction?
    06-04-10 04:08 PM
    soo.... this is the closest that I have been able to find to what I need... I have tmo, and I have a rogers 9000.. its unlocked and I can use it on tmo towers, but what I really need is the uma to work, so if any of you have any ideas, that would be great. thanks!
    12-28-11 12:06 PM
    I fail to see how a 'hack' can get UMA working on a Bold 9000. The Bold 9000 does not have UMA hardware, as stated by others. Other models in the Bold family are UMA capable (9700, 9780, etc.), but not the 9000. At least not true UMA through UMA capable carriers (T-Mo USA, Rogers, Cinci Bell).
    12-28-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD