What is it? How is it used?
    01-27-09 03:04 PM
    UMA=Unlicensed Mobile Access. Follow the link in my signature for complete wifi instructions. Basically it allows you to use your home router for a better signal to make calls and browse the net on your device.
    01-27-09 05:16 PM
    OH...I have it already from most available routers.
    01-27-09 08:17 PM
    Keep in mind, if you don't have an UMA plan, it'll take minutes from your regular minutes.
    01-28-09 09:59 AM
    OH...I have it already from most available routers.
    Since you are on att, they do not allow uma, just wifi access for the browser
    01-28-09 10:01 AM
    Right. Lol. I figured that put after I posted it. Since a have the unlimited messaging and wifi I am so confused. These forums are wonrefil but sometimes you get different answers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:21 AM
    I will have to monitor my internet usage because ATT says that I have to use data for wifi but I am getting others saying different solutions. For now I have set my browser to default to hotspot but we have unlimited messaging so I can have the MEdia Net disabled or we won't be able to IM or send pics. Make sense? Cuz that's what I've been getting between these forums and the ATT reps. Hope to figure it all out soon. I hate to give them even one more penny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 10:26 AM
    Keep in mind, if you don't have an UMA plan, it'll take minutes from your regular minutes.
    what do you mean by "if you dont have an UMA plan"... I really don't understand all this data plan business..
    I have a 500mb data plan, and at home I try and use my wireless router and at the top of my blackberry instead of saying EDGE it'll say UMA, which I assume is using my wireless network and not using up my 500mb... am I correct here??
    01-28-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD