Hi guy's

This is the first time that i'm about post something on this forum, hope i put it in a good spot on the forum.

My question to you guy's: Isn't there a way to lock your BB(9650) or any other model, so when you lose it or steal it.

And you put the password wrong it would crash or something?

Best regards

Tha Dragon
    02-15-11 07:10 AM
    Hi there and welcome to the forum

First of all, the normal lock for BB is nice if you want something that is free.

Of course you can find lock apps in Mobihand. There are also apps for security if you get your phone stolen (like those remote wipe etc).

So really depends on what you looking at and how much you willing to spend.

I myself uses the BB native lock and it been great for me. And of course, free!
    02-15-11 07:19 AM
    Hi there and welcome to the forum

First of all, the normal lock for BB is nice if you want something that is free.

Of course you can find lock apps in Mobihand. There are also apps for security if you get your phone stolen (like those remote wipe etc).

So really depends on what you looking at and how much you willing to spend.

I myself uses the BB native lock and it been great for me. And of course, free!
    Thanks for your reply,

What do you mean by wipe? (Total Loss of everything on your BB)

I really need something that when they steal it or lose it and you put the wrong code it could explode for all i care (LOL)

Just need an app that could let it crash or something so they could not use it ever again and for some stupid luck i get it back again even i couldn't use it back again.

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon
    02-15-11 07:30 AM
    Yeah those are called remote wipes, you save your data via Desktop manager, and then if your phone is lost or stolen, you can wipe it so that all they have is a blackberry and not a blackberry with your data on it.

You get a new blackberry and upload your old data back on
    02-15-11 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD