Based on feedback in the forums I can come up the ultimate, fool-proof plan to save BlackBerry!

In pretty much every forum post I have read that mentions a suggested design/feature change or has people complaining about missing features I hear people say something along the lines of:

"If Blackberry does this..... I know 'x' number of people who will switch to Blackberry right now!"

NOW this is GREAT news! With this info we can actually calculate the number of people who will be added to the Blackberry family by each feature/design change. Now don't get me wrong this won't be easy, someone will need to comb over the forums to get these numbers, someone else will need to tally these numbers and also calculate the value of the new phone sales to Blackberry.

I think it is only fair to reason we can an also count the lost revenues for the other carriers as gained revenue potential for Blackberry (just don't tell the taxman). Although the competitor phones have already been purchased they will no longer be purchasing apps etc. from their app stores.

Now these demands haven't been ridiculous out of the question. After all some people have stated for 'minor' changes they know 10's of people who would convert to Blackberry. Now to be conservative most people mention a few or several friends would switch. So let's use 6 people for example.

Example: Blackberry blows up and totally redesigns their contacts app, simple right, no man-power really needed, low-cost, limited resources required etc. Combing the forums for people who have friends that would convert to Blackberry.... RIGHT NOW, there has to be at least 6!

Now some Math:
    Blackberry sells 6 more phones lets say at $200 profit to Blackberry that's an easy $1,200 cold, hard cash! An not to mention the endless revenues that will be generated by app purchases, stickers, etc. that has to be a least another 10's of $ a year.

So this ONE simple feature change nets BB a cool $1,200 - $1,300 in cash! GO Blackberry we are on the road to recovery now.

Now assuming all new features flood Blackberry with $1,200 that's only 83,000 features to make BB a cool $100M in revenues. So it begs the question, why aren't they putting thousands of dollars into development if they can net $1,500 RIGHT AWAY?

That's my plan to save Blackberry, but there is also option B: Write a petition, get everyone's signature including the clients and..... well Ill just let Stanley Hudson explain it for you.

05-09-14 03:35 PM
    I'd estimate BB's labor costs alone (wages + benefits + taxes) to be close to $3M/day, or $1.05B a year (they still have 7000 employees!).

BB wouldn't even notice $1500.

But, yes, it's kind of crazy that they haven't put more resources on the Contacts app, given that it is at the core of the "BB Experience."
    05-09-14 04:06 PM
    And what about Plan B?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:15 PM
    BB wouldn't even notice $1500.
    I have it on good authority that might have been someone's point.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:18 PM
    Selling 6 new phones isn't really a big deal and the 1200$ hard cash you speak of are actually earned at a loss since the Z10 is already on a 70% discount.. they need to sell millions of phones to become mainstream again... back in 2006-2010 you were only considered cool if you had a BlackBerry .. we need to get that image back

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1 10.2.1.2102
    05-09-14 04:18 PM
    Selling 6 new phones isn't really a big deal
    I have it on good authority that may have been someone's point.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 04:23 PM
    the sarcasm detection algorithms need work.

I have it on good authority my post has no point.
    app_Developer and spikesolie like this.
    05-09-14 04:33 PM
    the sarcasm detection algorithms need work.
    If we could somehow... harness this lightning; channel it into the Flux Capacitor, it just might work!
    05-09-14 04:39 PM