BlackBerry's health as a company depends on sales. Do you think they will sell out of BB10 devices? Will the UK start a trend?

I dont live there so I dont know...
    01-30-13 01:55 PM
    I think the major weakness for BB in the UK market is penetrating a very tech savvy population. UK smartphone users are heavy users of streaming tv and movies and online shopping, but yet there's no native apps for Netflix or eBay. It's a tough sell but from what I understand, public perception of Blackberry is better than other high consumption markets so that's a plus. Hopefully someone from the UK can fill us in on what kind of marketing they've seen where they are.
    Wiltunscir likes this.
    01-30-13 01:59 PM
    The fact that the 4 EE shops within 25 miles from where I stay in scotland only got 4 z10 for tommorows launch is the issue
    01-30-13 02:12 PM
    The fact that the 4 EE shops within 25 miles from where I stay in scotland only got 4 z10 for tommorows launch is the issue
    Not hard to sell out then....lol..
    01-30-13 02:49 PM
    The acid test for any platform is my partner.

I told her that I played with the new BB today and she said "oh, the one with the touchscreen?" I then asked if she knew that Windows Phone 8 was available and she said "No"

It is my belief that BB10 will hold onto number 3 and beat Windows Phone. I keep telling people that but they give me funny looks. The fact that a "Norm" can now associate BB with a cool touchscreen interface is going to be the tipping point for this race.
    01-30-13 02:50 PM
    blackberry is very popular in my part of the uk, almost every teenager and 20s -30s has one here so i think here at least they will sell fast but i dont think they will sell out completely on the first day as i doubt teens especially have the money to instantly upgrade or drop a contract and start another
    01-30-13 04:11 PM
    I've got one put aside for tomorrow. I told him white, but now I'm wondering if I should go black.
    01-30-13 04:14 PM
    It's popular enough, but a huge part of the UK market is because of the curves.
    The Z10 will be priced out of their range, as such dont expect fantastic sales here. Moderate is the best i'm expecting
    01-30-13 04:46 PM