As posted by @jonoH on Twitter... and yes, it's OK to say you like something other than BB, lol.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-27-12 11:49 PM
    I have to go with iOS for its simplicity and consistency, and Android for its customizability.
    11-27-12 11:51 PM
    With my bias aside I'll go BB10. Less icons than the rest and each icon gets their own unique silhouette. They're not restricted to a shape. I like how contemporary WP8 is but it's just too much. I don't hate iOS or Android though...just that specific Android phone lol.

I think I know where this will go.
    11-27-12 11:53 PM
    I think I know where this will go.
    Lol.. no harm in trying. I like WP8, until you dig past the homescreen.. Android I find is inconsistent.. iOS was nice but now it's tiresome. As for BB10, I dig that because it's new and fresh in its own way.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-28-12 12:00 AM
    I think the real question is Which User Experience (UX) is your favorite? (vs.User Interface (UI))

UX deals with the overall experience associated with the use of a product or service.

UI deals with the specific user interface(s) of a product or service. The UI can be a component of UX, but many user experiences don't have UIs. The design of a UI will be heavily informed by the UX design. The UX design will be less informed by the UI.

I think the UX of BlackBerry 10 absolutely dominates. The speed of the flow experience is really, really, really fast, the more you use it, the more it starts to make the UX of other platforms feel slow in comparison. However, the given UI on BlackBerry 10 on any given screen (that I've seen so far), I'd rate as a solid OK. It's good, but it's not mind blowing-ly different / stand outtish. Really it's the coming together of the BB10 UI (how everything works together throughout the screens) that delivers the killer UX.

In contrast, Windows Phone 8 has a pretty cool UI, but the more I use it the more I think the UI comes at the expense of the overall UX. It often works against you. As you get into apps it gets a bit confusing (two levels of app navigation... swiping back and hitting the back button), etc. Cool UI. Room for improvement on UX.

So my final answer is that BlackBerry 10 delivers the best UX, which is greater than UI once you get the phone in your hands. Which is what matters. So judging UI from this photo on this thread isn't that conclusive or helpful, unless you've spent a lot of time with each device in hand. Horrible thread idea Bla1ze! (Lol.. I kid, I kid... love you.. and it is a gadget lust sexy photo)
    11-28-12 12:04 AM
    Kevin, that was a lot of reading.....but you're right and I agree about WP8 Vs BB10.

There is still something that feels a bit more fluid with WP8 on the surface compared to BB10 though. It's still so fast and smooth. But we'll wait to see the final BB10 product. The Dev B / London is already on the right track.
    11-28-12 12:11 AM
    Wow, look how small the iPhone5 is. Anyway, I'm torn between WP8 and BB10. WP8 has...umm... Ummm... Who am i kidding, BB10 all the way. But it is nice to have choices.
    11-28-12 12:13 AM
    Which UI is your favourite?-kinone.jpg

How did everyone forget this??????
    11-28-12 12:13 AM
    Horrible thread idea Bla1ze! (Lol.. I kid, I kid... love you.. and it is a gadget lust sexy photo)
    Thread hijacker!
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    11-28-12 12:14 AM
    @UrbanGlowCam... you're right to use "on the surface". There's definitely a lot to like about Windows Phone 8 on the surface. It's the behind the scenes stuff I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around. Like the way apps don't stay actually open in the background, even though it seems like they're supposed to. Apps are just supposed to stay open and be quick, yet every app I want to use it seems like it's re-opening fresh all the time. Hard to explain in text (and i'm too tired and ready for bed so not going to get into details here), but yeah... I hear ya. I think BB10 in final form will be very, very compelling. And i think it will grow on people. BlackBerry 10 people will like right away, but will LOVE after they use it for a week (talking UX and basic OS experience). Obvious important thing is for BB is to follow through on the apps and ecosystem front too.
    11-28-12 12:15 AM
    Just waiting to have the window on UX as CBK explained, so back to UI.

WP has an appealing "different" pull that says "Try me, I'm new and unique" as far as 1st impressions go.

BB10, is exciting for UI because I'm BB all the way and I've cared enough to follow the progress and have seen lots of videos. If we are going off the photo above, BB10, because of the "homogenous" icons, looks very drab and "rigid" or "boxy".

I hope the screen resolution makes a difference on the app screen appearance, and as Kevin said, I am confident the UX will be the biggest difference maker for BB10.
    11-28-12 12:22 AM
    I can tell you which one I hate the most.
    WP8, UGLIEST UI EVER!

It's definitely different and sets them apart from everyone else so when you take a look at it, there is no debate, it's WP8.

iOS, Android and BB10 are all the more traditional icon style. Goes back to the desktop style, picture + words icon.

More different to tell the difference between each other from afar.

UI wise they are also very similar. Scroll side to side for more icons except Andriod adds widgets, and BB10 adds the active frames and the hub.

From a pre-release standpoint, I like the BB10 because "The Hub" being a screen itself is pretty cool. You can get to it from anywhere. Always a swipe away from accessing all your messages.
    11-28-12 12:28 AM
    @UrbanGlowCam... you're right to use "on the surface". There's definitely a lot to like about Windows Phone 8 on the surface. It's the behind the scenes stuff I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around. Like the way apps don't stay actually open in the background, even though it seems like they're supposed to. Apps are just supposed to stay open and be quick, yet every app I want to use it seems like it's re-opening fresh all the time. Hard to explain in text (and i'm too tired and ready for bed so not going to get into details here), but yeah... I hear ya. I think BB10 in final form will be very, very compelling. And i think it will grow on people. BlackBerry 10 people will like right away, but will LOVE after they use it for a week (talking UX and basic OS experience). Obvious important thing is for BB is to follow through on the apps and ecosystem front too.
    I know what you mean by this. Friends of mine with WP8 phones seemed a little annoyed by this too.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-28-12 12:35 AM
    Couldn't agree more with Kevin. The UI on the WP8 looks really pretty. But the UX is sometimes counter intuitive. I love the start screen, and the ability to move thongs and resize tiles as you please, but the alphabetical app screen is kind of annoying. The way the back button works too. But it does look better than BB10 imo, but I think in terms of UX, BB10 will rule.

Not to mention the lack of a lot of settings still with WP8.

If just talking about how pretty a UI is, I vote WP8. If talking about overall user experience, I vote BB10.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    lboogie_1971_ and Rello like this.
    11-28-12 12:53 AM
    That photo is sexy lol. Crazy how big that Note 2 is.

I personally think WP8's UI is the most "interesting" of the bunch...love BB10's but Microsoft definitely came with something different though. Still can't wait to really see how the the flow of BB10 really is. If it's anything like the PlayBook I'm gonna love it. I think people will come to realize that the swiping gestures really are natural once u learn them.

I do like the IPhone but the UI has always been "boring" to me.
    11-28-12 01:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kinone.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	126626

How did everyone forget this??????
    yes, please PS a pic of open webOS to the lineup
    11-28-12 02:10 AM
    Gotta go with BB10 for sure. After that: Meego (Salifish) then webOS then Meego (Harmatton) WP8 then WP7, then I don't really like iOS or Android really.
    11-28-12 02:20 AM
    Is it wrong to still prefer BBOS over all those? Today Screen is still my all time favorite.

I find UIs getting more complicated just for the sake of looking pretty.

My choice: Today Screen and Keyboard Shortcuts
    11-28-12 02:51 AM
    Just one of that four pictured on the image? Well, I'd go for Windows Phone 8. Here is why:
    I really, really dislike the boring homescreen of iOS with just a load of icons thrown on it. Seeing that L-Series with BB10 beside it, looking highly similar, I can't vote for RIM either.
    Android, while offering the most customizable experience, can look quite cluttered. Widgets which don't fit to others designwise, widgets which can block the wallpaper and so on.

Windows Phone on the other hand side offers a fresh, unique homescreen which is more than just icons thrown all over it or unfitting widgets. While it doesn't even show a wallpaper, it at least is fair enough to not even give you the option to try it - it is not designed for wallpapers.

In terms of the whole UX I can't vote yet - how should I, BB10 ain't out yet and I haven't tried it.

After all I still my plain, "outdated" OS7.x:
    Everything is reachable at hand, I can either see my wallpaper in full glory or see all my applications. I can change the designs quickly thanks to many available themes, not only the basic appearance but functionality too. While it can be "boring" sometimes compared to Android or, especially, Windows Phone with all these Live-Tiles, it just works and concentrates on getting stuff done rather distracting you with graphics and special effects.
    11-28-12 02:53 AM
    Fresh and new,

Blackberry 10!

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    11-28-12 05:00 AM
    That photo is sexy lol. Crazy how big that Note 2 is.

I personally think WP8's UI is the most "interesting" of the bunch...love BB10's but Microsoft definitely came with something different though. Still can't wait to really see how the the flow of BB10 really is. If it's anything like the PlayBook I'm gonna love it. I think people will come to realize that the swiping gestures really are natural once u learn them.

I do like the IPhone but the UI has always been "boring" to me.
    That there is the note 1 actually.

My opinion I would have to say android ui and ux experience I prefer the most, then maybe bb10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-28-12 05:40 AM
    I see problems with all so my favorite would be a BB with brighter icons and clock like Android. The problem with the Note2 is that it needs something at the bottom like the BB with the call,search and camera buttons, it just looks uneven. The Windows phone should be blue to not be too distracting to the eye but other than looking fresh, makes you do more work since it offers less apps. I am impressed with the speed of its UI, it's almost like you can breath on it instead of swiping its so smooth. IOS yup it has the static dock and it's nice to have but l would need more.

Looking at the all of them BB icons need to be bigger or brighter or perhaps both. I wonder if the BB screen was starting to dim?
    11-28-12 06:12 AM
    I think WP8 looks the most modern, however it almost seems like there's too much going on. But WP8 is starting to grow on me. BB10 and the iPhone to me seems like a tie. Android looks clunky. This absolutely sucks because RIM has a chance to have the best looking UI. I can't understand why they don't want to differentiate themselves from the others. Also, we all know apple is working on a total refresh of their UI and it will prolly be nice. Rimm needs to treat the UI like a piece of art and not just go for the average look. Lets hope they do. I just can't believe they will settle for that look.
    11-28-12 06:29 AM
    Since I haven't been able to touch BB10 I'm going with pb UI/UX. It's just so intuitive and fun.
    spike12 likes this.
    11-28-12 07:11 AM
    None of us have used BB10 and have only seen a few brief videos of it, yes, it looks promising, but to be your favorite and its not even out yet? I will also admit I have never used a WP device and know little about them. So its between Android or iOS? I give Android the edge bc I like not getting nickeled and dimed and being able to customize my device much more.

As for mobile OS's on tablets, I like the interface on the Playbook 2.0 the best, probably WebOS second, but I like the Android for its combined interface and selection of top apps overall. Its not that I like Android's interface the best, it does take a lot more to learn and understand, but tablets should have Netflix, Hulu, etc. Once again with iOS I grow tired of its limits within iTunes and the nickel and diming, but I will say it is intuitive, but a bit boring at this point 6 years after the OS launched...
    11-28-12 09:32 AM
59 123