I just downloaded the beta of Nokias new email client for my E71, and I must say that it looks like they will be giving blackberry a run for their money. So far a few points i have noticed only after 2 minutes....

- it looks a lot nicer...
    - it brings all my emails I have on the imap server, (something my BB does not do with BIS)

and ya.. will do some further investigating...

If/once they start partnering up with carriers and offering BIS/BES ''like'' plans, this could be a major hurdle for RIM. Pretty much everyone I know with a blackberry has been waiting for this so they can go back to Nokia.
    08-12-08 11:17 AM
    I am not usually closed minded about phones, but after the
    train wreck known as the Nokia E62, even if that thing minted
    money, I would never go back to Nokia. I would leave BB for
    a better device in a heartbeat, but it will not be Nokia.
    08-12-08 11:22 AM
    When I first saw the E71, I was pretty excited about it since I've always liked the Nokia phones I've had in the past. As of now, I'm more than happy with my BB but maybe if I get the chance to play with it a bit.. I'd think about switching over. It's good to see other phones branching out and adding new services & capabilities.
    08-12-08 11:28 AM
    I am not usually closed minded about phones, but after the
    train wreck known as the Nokia E62, even if that thing minted
    money, I would never go back to Nokia. I would leave BB for
    a better device in a heartbeat, but it will not be Nokia.
    Ya I agree about the E62, I had it for a few weeks and know what you are saying. But the E61i that came after was a huge step up, and so far this E71 and the new beta email client really take it to the next level.
    08-12-08 12:54 PM
    I have never been a fan of Nokias. For me, owning one will never be an option - even if it cooks, cleans, and does my laundry.
    08-12-08 12:56 PM
    I have never been a fan of Nokias. For me, owning one will never be an option - even if it cooks, cleans, and does my laundry.
    I am sure you are basing that on your experience, but I see you are with Verizon and if you have been with them a while then you have definitely never used a high end Nokia. In fact if you live in North America you have to be a mobile fanatic and buy phones off ebay to actually use high end handsets from other manufacturers besides BB. I could be wrong about your experience, but I am sure that a lot of people would agree with you on here but most of them have never used one of these handsets, with all their true 3G capabilities such as video calling, live TV, simultaneous voice&data and when you throw in BIS/BES type service that looks a lot nicer than it does on a BB... well than there really is no argument. People are just commenting based on their experience with some cheap device they have used in the past which is irrelevant, because a manufacturer like Nokia has dozens of handsets out at a time, all with different options and interfaces and ranging in price from $40 to $1000 (or $300,000 if you count their Vertu line). Unlike RIM, whos devices such as my 8800 and 8300 are exactly the same in every way except one has a camera and one doesn't.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-12-08 at 01:30 PM.
    08-12-08 01:18 PM
    To get a better understanding of the NOkia E71:
    Nokia E71 review : Boy Genius Report
    08-12-08 01:20 PM
    I'm sure you are right. I know several people who own high-end Nokias and swear by them. I personally refuse to use anything outside of LG and RIM, but that doesn't mean that Nokia doesn't produce a great quality phone somewhere out there. I just have always associated Nokia with bulky, low-quality, brick phones. I could be completely wrong, but I am a girl - and a stubborn one at that.
    08-12-08 01:20 PM
    To get a better understanding of the NOkia E71:
    Nokia E71 review : Boy Genius Report
    Hi GS! I love your new avatar!
    08-12-08 01:21 PM
    I know I repeat myself with this, but my wife does love her N95 8gig, but they do not sell that device in the US - she got it in Kuwait. I tried to get her to switch to a BB and she wouldn't even talk about it - she's a stubborn girl, too.
    08-12-08 01:26 PM
    Hi GS! I love your new avatar!
    Hi Jenay! Thank you, needed to get my ninja turtle fix on.
    08-12-08 01:34 PM
    yes sir, got the E71 already in our country. and it cost far cheaper for even the Curve. With the Bold with months to go here an E71 is a welcomed option... am holding on though, i just hope RIM won't let me down on this
    08-12-08 01:45 PM
    I know I repeat myself with this, but my wife does love her N95 8gig, but they do not sell that device in the US - she got it in Kuwait.
    You can definitely buy the N95 and the N95 8gig in the US (for $700 I think). The Nokia flagship store in New York has them for sure and even had a special deal on the red N95. The N96 looks like it will be out relatively soon as well (one phone store employee told me next week and another put me on a call sheet).
    08-12-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD