I today saw the Typo for sale at an iStore at a Canadian airport. I mentioned that there was an injunction against selling them and was told it didn't apply to them because they purchased them before the injunction. I took a photo which I will try to upload but I'm not sure how to from my phone. Even with the website I find it tricky but I will get it up eventually. My question is this.. is it true? Can they legally sell these in Canada despite the injunction?

Posted via CB10

Attachment 285408
    07-16-14 05:08 PM
    Typo Keyboards are being sold openly on Amazon, by Typo.

That's it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 05:13 PM
    Time to approach the courts to enforce the injunction then...teach them that stealing IP is wrong.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 05:16 PM
    Its also here at the Virgin store in Dubai..

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:03 PM
    Hey It actually right here on Crackberry's own store:

Typo for sale in Canada legally?-img_20140821_224547_edit.png

Hypocrisy much,CB?

Flicked out via Zed30
    08-22-14 01:06 AM
    LOL! Well, to be fair:

1. The sales engine is probably the same one that iMore uses and it's not as if anyone from Crackberry would be buying this - it's for iPhones.
    2. It shows that there is a definite separation between the editorial/content side of MobileNations and the sales side. That's a good thing, isn't it?
    3. The Typo probably only is an outrage to Crackberry fanboys. Most people regard this as an intellecutal property dispute.
    4. It's legal in Canada, isn't it? I'm in the US and I couldn't find it in the search.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-22-14 01:23 AM
    The Typo probably only is an outrage to Crackberry fanboys. Most people regard this as an intellecutal property dispute.
    Even that is an overstatement for the average individual's regard of the dispute.

The average consumer probably perceives this Typo debacle as
    "Formerly relevant company vigorously fighting a no name company over worthless technology."

I can kind of understand why Blackberry needs to fight Typo; but, it's probably best for the company to try to distance itself from physical keyboards altogether and settle with the Typo for cheap.
    08-22-14 02:19 AM
    Wth lol! Amazing..

From my ? phone
    08-22-14 04:46 AM
    I just can't fathom paying an additional $99 on an accessory for an already perfect device.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-22-14 07:33 AM
    It's legal , all product sold before the injunction are "Fairplay " seems Seacrest was able to flood key markets before BlackBerry posted the Bond fo enforce the injunction earlier this year. Crackberry should however not be endorsing it by selling it especially as Kevin was highlighting the similarities

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:11 AM
    Hey It actually right here on Crackberry's own store:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140821_224547_edit.png 
Views:	587 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	292397

Hypocrisy much,CB?

Flicked out via Zed30
    It would be hypocrisy to come out and say don't use a typo bc it infringes BlackBerry ip and then sell them anyways.
    Cb has always said, yup its basically a BlackBerry keyboard and it works really well on my iPhone.
    If anything, bringing the BlackBerry experience to iPhone may remind some who've left why they used to love their BlackBerry in the first place and get one on their next upgrade.....
    08-22-14 12:55 PM
    It would be hypocrisy to come out and say don't use a typo bc it infringes BlackBerry ip and then sell them anyways.
    Did Kevin actually say not to use it? Didn't he give some of these to other people to use? He even linked to the site where they were for sale. He did say it was a ripoff of the Blackberry keyboard, though.
    08-22-14 01:21 PM
    Did Kevin actually say not to use it? Didn't he give some of these to other people to use? He even linked to the site where they were for sale. He did say it was a ripoff of the Blackberry keyboard, though.
    I said it would be hypocrisy IF he had said that. He didn't, he said it's a good product.
    08-22-14 07:33 PM
    I said it would be hypocrisy IF he had said that. He didn't, he said it's a good product.
    Actually he said it was a flimsy device, if I remember correctly he said he had to replace the one he was using as it broke.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 07:35 PM
    No. He just said he broke it.
    "I've praised the Typo keyboard�? a thing�many BlackBerry users think is wrong of me to do�? for being a good product,"
    From AFTER it broke.
    He still says it's a good product.

So FUD about BlackBerry = bad and FUD about other = ok??
    08-22-14 08:32 PM
    No. He just said he broke it.
    "I've praised the Typo keyboard�? a thing�many BlackBerry users think is wrong of me to do�? for being a good product,"
    From AFTER it broke.
    He still says it's a good product.

So FUD about BlackBerry = bad and FUD about other = ok??
    ??

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:40 PM
    There was a Typo 2 that was released to make it look less like a BlackBerry keyboard. Though it looks like all they did was take out the silver frets between the rows and square off the keys.

Typo 2 resurrects the iPhone keyboard case, looks a bit less like a BlackBerry | iMore
    08-22-14 09:44 PM
    ??

Posted via CB10
    I dunno why. I'm posting from cb10 and it's doing that.
    08-22-14 10:14 PM