After Typo agreed to stop making its iPhone keyboard case in a settlement with BlackBerry, many thought the company might be dead. But it�s already back with its latest product � a brand new keyboard case for the iPad.

Typo�s iPad keyboard is a lot like the others we�ve already seen, but it�s focused on being a slimline option that won�t add too much bulk to your tablet. The keyboard module itself measures just 5.5mm thin, and it�s combined with a case that�s designed to protect your device at all times.

Despite its slim form factor, the Typo promises plenty of travel for its keys, which are as large as possible to provide a comfortable typing experience. The keyboard connects wirelessly to your iPad via Bluetooth,*and it has a built-in, rechargeable battery.

What�s great about the Typo is that it comes apart. If you want to use your iPad without the keyboard, you can simply pull the case away from the keyboard section*in an instant and use it independently.

The Typo also offers a unique auto-correction feature, which fixes common mistakes as you type and lets you double-tap the spacebar to insert a period. The iPad offers these things when you use its virtual keyboard, of course, by when using a physical one, they normally disappear.

Typo is*available for iPad Air and iPad Air 2 initially, and it�s priced at $189 via the Typo online store, and in Apple Stores throughout the U.S.. You can also pre-order it for iPad mini � first- to third-generation � from Typo�s*website.

Source Typo launches its brand new keyboard case for iPad

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-09-15 08:37 PM
    Why didn't BlackBerry did this or giving the partnership with Sammy why didn't it created one for the Sammy tabs with its iconic keyboard .

06-09-15 08:42 PM
    Wow this is gonna sell actually

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:48 PM
    Is there anything this company makes that isn't a rip off of something else. Seacrest out..of his head.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:52 PM
    $189 for an ipad keyboard?

Is this for real? There are hundreds if not thousands of third party keyboard cases for the ipad. This is hilarious. BlackBerry destroyed this company.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:01 PM
    Microsoft has this for their Surface tablets..... another ripoff by Typo..... I smell another lawsuit.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    06-09-15 09:13 PM
    So they we sued by BlackBerry and now they are looking to be sued by Microsoft (hence Surface Pro). Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 02:57 AM
    There are tons of cases with the exact same functionality that do the exact same thing. This isn't something remotely close to the surface keyboard. I had a detachable keyboard case for my ipad 2 years ago from logitech.
    06-10-15 06:28 AM
    So they we sued by BlackBerry and now they are looking to be sued by Microsoft (hence Surface Pro). Sigh.
    There have been keyboard cases for the iPad before the MSFT Surface ever came into being. There are a number of companies that have making these for all 3 tablet platforms, for quite a while. Logitech makes several.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-10-15 08:16 AM
    Iphools.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    06-10-15 09:27 AM
    Clam Case have been doing this for years, not really an innovation bounce back by Typo.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 10:05 AM
    Nothing new here....market is flooded with competition.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 10:07 AM
    If you go to their website, this actually looks pretty interesting. I have been using the Clam Case Pro for a while now, and I love it (although it is starting to fall apart), especially the fact the screen "holds" in any position 0-360 degrees. But the Clam Case is heavy, and it makes the tablet effectively a laptop. You can "pop" the tablet out, but that's an awkward and somewhat inconvenient process. The advantage of the Typo case appears to be that much like the Surface keyboards, once you place the tablet in the back part (the holder, so to speak) of the device, the keyboard appears to come apart from the back part magnetically, the way the Surface keyboard does. The ability to connect and disconnect the keyboard from the tablet by just pulling it apart and clicking it back appears to be a really nice feature. The part I'm not sure about is whether it is limited to 0-180 degree viewing (as shown in their videos) or whether you can flip it around as shown and replicate the 180-360 experience (which is very useful for viewing movies on cramped airplanes). Kudos to Typo for taking their lumps and rising from the ashes. No need to hate.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-10-15 10:33 AM
    This is the only thing they can make
    I think in the settlement with BlackBerry they were banned from ever making a keyboard for anything less than 7'
    So they can knock themselves out trying to sell an outrageously priced keyboard for i[diot] devices, and try to compete with the numerous out there
    I think they should just cut the losses and get out of the business because they're never going to make any money despite Ryan Seacrest's endorsement
    06-10-15 10:39 AM
    People just need to buy Windows tablets instead of the IPad.

Full desktop OS ftw.

Posted via CB10
    Oglon3r and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    06-10-15 10:46 AM
    Yes but when it looks this close to the Surface and if the first thing that comes into peoples mind is the Surface that just means they plagiarized again. They can't come up with anything new and original.

I realize that there are many other concept keyboard case out there and so are phone keyboards. Typo got sued by BlackBerry was not the reason they made phone keyboard, it was the fact that it looked and feels exactly like a BlackBerry keyboard. When people picked it up, they instantly thought it was a BlackBerry.

Palm, Samsung and LG made keyboards back in the days of BlackBerry big hype and yet BlackBerry never sued them because they all have different design concepts and all looked different.

There have been keyboard cases for the iPad before the MSFT Surface ever came into being. There are a number of companies that have making these for all 3 tablet platforms, for quite a while. Logitech makes several.
    06-10-15 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 03:13 PM
    Yes but when it looks this close to the Surface and if the first thing that comes into peoples mind is the Surface that just means they plagiarized again. They can't come up with anything new and original.

I realize that there are many other concept keyboard case out there and so are phone keyboards. Typo got sued by BlackBerry was not the reason they made phone keyboard, it was the fact that it looked and feels exactly like a BlackBerry keyboard. When people picked it up, they instantly thought it was a BlackBerry.

Palm, Samsung and LG made keyboards back in the days of BlackBerry big hype and yet BlackBerry never sued them because they all have different design concepts and all looked different.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The magnetic separation already exists in other similar keyboard cases. The most "similar" element from a patent perspective appears to be the kickstand. But the Surface kickstand is hinged in the middle, and opens at the bottom, creating a single static open position - which is actually one of the entire platform's biggest drawbacks, in my opinion. The Typo, on the other hand, is hinged at the bottom, opens from the middle, and allow full articulation from 0-180 degrees. Potentially with the added ability to flip the device "at the magnet" and get a full 0-360 articulation. This is, in my opinion, very different, and quite innovative.
    06-10-15 03:44 PM
    It in no way resembles anything specific to the Surface keyboard. It resembles what every other tablet keyboard provides... a case with a keyboard attached. What buried Typo in regards to their iPhone keyboard, was that the keyboard violated BBRY's patent for a "keyboard designed for thumbs". If Typo had designed their iPhone keyboard case without keys shaped specifically to enhance thumb input, they probably could have beaten the suit in court. Flat keys wouldn't have broken the patent, but then too, flat keys on a keyboard that size is just not efficient.

There's nothing patentable about the surface keyboard. Thus nothing to sue over.

Penned via Tapatalk
    kirson and techvisor like this.
    06-10-15 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yea i have to admit it does look really good, they should have just done this instead of the lame iphone keyboard I really hope bb is taking note as there is a demand for these things, and don't let the another what's app thing come and take the cake that we should be pioneering.

06-10-15 05:27 PM
    This just all goes back to my piece a few months back about BlackBerry should make a mini laptop. Or if they are going to make key boards they should incorporate a battery pack inside of it as to boost the battery life of the device.

06-10-15 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yea you have to give it to them they are a determined bunch aren't they.

06-10-15 05:43 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    Watch, it will sell

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 09:42 PM
    Watch, it will sell

Posted via CB10
    Highly doubt it I can get you same exact keyboard but waaaaaaaay cheaper.
    Seriously...

Supporting the people's revolution worldwide via my BBZ30
    06-11-15 03:29 AM
    Highly doubt it I can get you same exact keyboard but waaaaaaaay cheaper.
    Seriously...

Supporting the people's revolution worldwide via my BBZ30
    Well the iPhone sells so price alone isn't a factor when people buy things, time will tell.

06-11-15 06:37 AM
26 12