I know that you can type chinese on the blackberry.
    Heck I had the thing set to where I installed chinese typing thing on the blackberry.

But now its gone, when I use desktop manager, its not there.

Is the typing/input language thing OS provider dependent or DM dependent.
    I saw some people say one and some say another.
    02-04-10 02:49 PM
    Chinese is part of the Asian Multilanguage package. If you have upgraded your OS to North American or European package, Chinese is no longer available.

02-04-10 02:59 PM
    Chinese is part of the Asian Multilanguage package. If you have upgraded your OS to North American or European package, Chinese is no longer available.

so it's OS provider dependent?
    02-04-10 03:00 PM
    so it's OS provider dependent?
    Yes. Each carrier packages the RIM software for their marketplace.

If you upgrade your OS from an Asian carrier, you will have English and several Asian/South Asian languages to choose from.

If you upgrade from a North American carrier, it's typicaly English, French, Spanish and Brazillian Portuguese.

Europian carriers offer other languages include those on Cyrillic alphabets like Russian.
    02-04-10 03:09 PM
    Yes. Each carrier packages the RIM software for their marketplace.

If you upgrade your OS from an Asian carrier, you will have English and several Asian/South Asian languages to choose from.

If you upgrade from a North American carrier, it's typicaly English, French, Spanish and Brazillian Portuguese.

Europian carriers offer other languages include those on Cyrillic alphabets like Russian.
    ok thanks a lot guess I will try to go back to an asian package maker

Are there anything that would work OTA
    02-04-10 03:18 PM
    There is no OTA for system software, what would you do if something goes wrong?

I am aware of members that have successfully moved language components from one package to another. It can be done, if needed.
    02-04-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD