can you txt pictures on your BB? i was told no that you could only email them .......thought id ask ya smart ones?!?!

07-01-08 12:33 AM
    It depends on your SP. I know that sprint/nextel can only email pictures, I am not sure about other SP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 12:43 AM
    Yes you can send MMS messages, as long as your carrier supports it and its on your plan.
    07-01-08 01:19 AM
    Depends. I have tmobile and I can send MMS to most people. My wife has a sidekick and I have to email her pics. We both have t-mobile.

07-01-08 09:01 AM
    This is carrier-dependent

Although the device may be capable, the carrier may not allow it

For me, on TMo, everything works fine!! No problems!
    07-01-08 09:04 AM
    I know MMS works with ATT...pretty sure Alltell does not support it.
    07-01-08 09:09 AM
    Verizon blackberries support it. Just send it as an mms.

07-01-08 09:18 AM
    You can send pic while IMing with the BB messenger

07-01-08 09:52 AM
    Very fast and very easy to do.

07-01-08 09:53 AM
    No, you can't text pictures! Texting as you call it is SMS and is only words (short msg sys) If you want to send pics, then you'll use MMS or eMail.

07-01-08 11:21 AM
    Alltel is another provider that currently doesnt allow pic/vid messaging,,, of course its not there fault, they blame that on blackberry,,, even though the pearl and curve can do it. So we are stuck with email, or bluetooth,,, or use online photo storage places, yea, not
    07-01-08 07:23 PM
    As stated earlier tmobile allows for mms msgs. I'm surprised some carriers don't allow it. But whatever lol

Kaz where are u baby

07-03-08 11:09 AM
    As stated earlier tmobile allows for mms msgs. I'm surprised some carriers don't allow it. But whatever lol

Kaz where are u baby

You know Im here. Whats going on homie?
    07-03-08 06:29 PM
    ok, i found it,,,, a way to use your BB's browser to email pics to a phone number:

http://
    pics.811
    .com/

will send pics from a computer or phone to a phone number,,, this is very helpful, so now my wife can send me pics off her razor to my Pearl, and vice versa,,, and i don't have to wait for Alltel and Blackberry to grow up, solve their deferences and let us do it like everyone else can.

back to lovin my BB
    07-04-08 05:21 PM
    It's easy in TMo MMS. Open compose, select MMS, enter recipient, hit menu key & select picture option. This option is not available for SMS messages.

Last edited by exelant; 07-04-08 at 06:00 PM.
    07-04-08 05:57 PM
    exelant, ya have missed it,,, many users of the pearl and curve, cannot mms,,, it is a cross between the providers and blackberry, certain phone with certain providers will work, be thankful you can,
    07-04-08 07:49 PM
    DUH-OH!!! I'm sorry for being so dense. Here's hoping the providers who don't offer it start. I'd feel awful if I rubbed anything in. I apologize.

Hopefully a newer newbie than I can follow the steps I laid out to send pics by MMS.

07-05-08 02:09 AM
    Depends. I have tmobile and I can send MMS to most people. My wife has a sidekick and I have to email her pics. We both have t-mobile.

Which sidekick does she have? I thought the newer ones were supposed to have MMS capability. I know the plans were a $0.01 more. Instead of $19.99, it became $20. Maybe I'm wrong
    07-05-08 03:46 AM
    I too wish that the pearl would do MMS through alltel, as it is the only smart phone released in the last six months that cannot do it. As a sales rep it makes it alot easier to sell the curve to people just that one feature does it if they weren't already sold on it.
    07-12-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD