Hi, husband/wife have our blackberries (his Bold 9700 and her Curve 8320) and already set up the Hotspot for UMA calling at home and his company, so we're closer when at home, supposed to be UMA together when calling a family unlimited hotspot, one of ours automatically switches from his UMA and mine Edge with our WIFI on, what could be the problem?
    12-16-09 05:46 PM
    impressive sentence.

What I think you're saying is that one BB is connecting to UMA and one isn't. There shouldn't be a technical issue with this, given that you have the bandwidth supported to stream both calls at the same time. Do each of them work when only one is on WiFi at one time? It could be a router issue. I'd try rebooting the router and both phones.
    12-16-09 06:00 PM
    Yes, BB connected to UMA and one wasn't, on and off for awhile. Well, he called TMobile customer service and transfered him to Blackberry technical support. They said to check the speedtest.net to see how high speed on the computer, it was like average and needed to speed a stronger one to push two UMAs up, called TV Time Warner and they offered a Roadrunner Turbospeed for 5 dollars to try if I like it till October, will be 9 dollars.....all set. Then now we checked our BBs to see if we have UMA on and it works now. This is like everytime there is something new, we have money to pay, this is not right. Did you know anything similar to this before, tell me what you have done if there is another way than this to save the money, let me know. Thanks.
    12-17-09 03:34 PM
    Do you need to have both on UMA? Obviously you are trying to save money by using the UMA but you will have to pay more money to have enough bandwidth in your house to run UMA on multiple phones. Which is more cost effective: using minutes on one phone and not upgrading your internet bandwidth or upgrading your bandwidth and not using minutes?
    12-18-09 09:10 AM
    This is me, I'm a hearing impaired and my husband is a hearing, that has an unlimited Hotspot calling with Tmobile. So confusing here, trying how to explain. He has to have an UMA because he gets so many in/outcoming calls. So, I don't need it for myself because I don't call that much and just some for my son calling his friends, when my husband is not home and I have UMA on my BB. When he comes home from work, his phone automatically set 3G/Edge with Wifi on and leave my BB UMA with Wifi on. So, I would have to turn the Wifi off everytime he gets home from work everyday for him to have UMA on his BB, why would I. The Blackberry service told him about highspeed and make it work for both UMA, costs more money to pay. I have a feeling about this router we have called Linskys that has to be the problem, I don't know so I thought I could ask for your help if you know more about this, what I can to fix the problem. I don't know how that works.
    12-18-09 09:32 AM
    I'm a bit suprised, UMA shouldn't use that much bandwidth at all. What speed was your internet before vs after??????

I would definitely check your router settings.
    12-18-09 09:52 AM
    If you own ONE BB that will not use that much bandwidth, like I'ved had my Curve for two years and when that time he had his Sidekick LX before....no problem. So, now he bought a new Bold 9700 and set up the Hotspot for families. The Blackberry service said that the bandwidth should be around 400-500 to make both BBs to work.

My internet was like .048 with one BB before. Now, after upgrading the bandwidth, it works for awhile and then one day, switch from UMA to Edge....it is weird. So, my husband is going to call back and find some more, he has been busy with work, no time to do this right now.

I wonder if there is anyone here that owns two BBs that live together using the Hotspot UMA, how did that go and what did they do? I'm curious. Bump this up.
    12-18-09 03:15 PM
    I can barely understand all of that..... If you are having issues with UMA, I would suggest resetting your router and making sure everything is connected properly.. and do a battery pull on the phones.
    12-18-09 05:47 PM
    Thanks, we will try that if that happens again but so far now, we still have UMA on our phones for a while.

Wishing you everyone a Merry Christmas!
    12-19-09 05:36 PM
    In my office we have a fractional t-1 at 768 speed and we can use two bb's. At home I have comcast cable modem and two bb's work. I would not think that two bb's sitting idle would use that much bandwidth that it would knock the other one off. I would think possibly the distance of the router to the phone may contribute to the problem.
    12-19-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD