I feel stupid asking these questions but here goes anyway because I need answers. One is for my mother (88) who only uses her cell phone for calling and receiving calls and one is for me (I have a BB Curve).

First, my mother has a regular cell phone, not a BB. Quite often when I try to call her, the call goes straight to Voice mail. I know she doesn't want that, because she wouldn't know how to retrieve the messages. What is it that she's accidently doing to make her phone go to Voice messages?

My question for me is this: I'd like to only see my emails from the Icon that looks like a mailbox and is called "Messages". How do I stop it from also showing all the phone calls I receive and send?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
    12-23-08 01:07 PM
    I feel stupid asking these questions but here goes anyway because I need answers. One is for my mother (88) who only uses her cell phone for calling and receiving calls and one is for me (I have a BB Curve).

First, my mother has a regular cell phone, not a BB. Quite often when I try to call her, the call goes straight to Voice mail. I know she doesn't want that, because she wouldn't know how to retrieve the messages. What is it that she's accidently doing to make her phone go to Voice messages?

My question for me is this: I'd like to only see my emails from the Icon that looks like a mailbox and is called "Messages". How do I stop it from also showing all the phone calls I receive and send?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
    Your mother may be in an area with poor signal, so the device is routing incoming calls straight to VM. Also, a Do-Not-Disturb mode may have been enabled, which sends all callers to VM.

For your concern. Go into your calling screen (hit the Send button). Then Menu > Options > Call Logging > None

That should fix it!
    12-23-08 01:14 PM
    I'll ask my mother if she couldn't be accidently (or on purpose) enabling the do not disturb mode. The signal here is always high so I don't think that could be the problem.

I can't see "Call Logging" on any option screen. What am I missing?
    12-23-08 01:27 PM
    Press the green call button, then hit the BB button (next the the trackball), then scroll to options, click the trackball, then scroll down to call logging.
    12-23-08 02:05 PM
    What phone model does your mom have?
    12-23-08 02:28 PM
    Heavy Fluid, that did the trick! The GREEN CALL BUTTON...I have from the beginning forgotten about that, oh my. Thanks so much.

I'm not sure what kind of phone mother has....she's not here right now, but I think maybe her battery was dead or her phone was turned off. I've asked her to keep it working so we don't worry. Thanks to all of you for your good help!
    12-23-08 09:53 PM
    Could Momma be turning the phone off??
    12-23-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD