Hey guys, i want you to make a few thing more clear to me.

1. When I get a new blackberry, I have to backup the old one and restore it on the new one right? the next step is to update the new device details in the BIS account? after that ill get all my apps, contacts, bbm contacts and recieve mails to my new blackberry? the PIN is "moving" to the new blackberry also or what?

2. What is the difference between downlod the device software and install it with DM, to Wireless update from the device itself? whats more recommended?
    will all my contacts, apps, mails and setting be saved after the process?

Thanks!
    04-16-10 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager uses a Switch Device wizard to simplify the process, including your installed third party applications and updatating your PIN/Messenger Contacts.

Switching from One BlackBerry to Another - For Dummies

#2. The biggest difference is after something goes wrong. If you have the software installed on a PC, it is simple matter of restarting the process. If you device is not responding after an OTA upgrade.... that is a serious problem.
    04-16-10 09:31 AM
    So i can change a blackberry and stay with the same PIN?
    04-16-10 09:33 AM
    No, each BlackBerry has a unique PIN number.

Switch Device will update your Messenger contacts with your new PIN number without them being aware of any changes.
    04-16-10 09:35 AM
    Ok thank you!!!
    04-16-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD