Is there an online Manuel for the Blackberry Curve 8330? Maybe that would keep me from pestering you. In the meantime I have a question that has to do with 'Mute'.

Is the Mute button on the top of the phone for muting the phone, or just for Standy? Also, two names in my contacts have an [M] by their names. Does that mean I muted their calls and I can't hear the ringtone when they call? Thanks for helping me.
    05-17-08 02:26 PM
    05-17-08 02:49 PM
    Thanks, sunkast. also, could it be that the [M] means mobile? I saw the word 'mute' flash when I saved one of my contacts and thought I muted her....

Does anybody here know what it means when I try to get on the Net for the first time and it tells me its NOT a secure server and recommends against it?
    Last edited by cbmember; 05-17-08 at 02:56 PM.
    05-17-08 02:53 PM
    Some websites are gonna say that because of there certificates you should be ok to go on to the website. Welcome to CB I know nothing about the [M].
    05-17-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks,...Does anybody here know what it means when I try to get on the Net for the first time and it tells me its NOT a secure server and recommends against it?
    That is typical corporate paranoia coming through.

Most Internet sites use HTTP:, that is less secure then HTTPS:. In practice, both work fine. The secure business and financial sites have the resources they need too.
    05-17-08 03:08 PM
    Your contacts will have either W- work, H- home, M -mobile. As to finding a Manual for your Curve, You have already found it right here at the Crack.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-17-08 04:53 PM
    Manual....... what is that lol.....

This place rocks!!!!!
    05-17-08 04:55 PM
    Thanks, guys. I find the Manual a little less than helpful. It says go to Options for everything. I'm finding that there are thousands of options buried in the phone. I need the manual to do step by step stuff....
    05-17-08 06:33 PM
    So does anybody know if the Mute button and Standby are the same button?
    05-17-08 09:12 PM
    Yes... Mute while on a call, standby when not on a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 09:16 PM
    Yes, it's the same button.

From google search, CNET review of the Curve:

Finally, the camera lens, flash, and self-portrait mirror are on the back of the device, and a mute button is located on top.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-17-08 at 09:21 PM.
    05-17-08 09:16 PM
    Mute while on a call, standby when not on a call? So how does one mute the phone?
    05-17-08 09:24 PM
    Do you want the ringer off?
    05-17-08 09:26 PM
    What exactly are you wanting to do, with specifics?

We are more than happy to help you, but we can't because you are being very vague about what you want to do.
    05-17-08 09:28 PM
    cbmember, have you checked out the tutorials on this site?

When I got my BB they were the first thing I checked out, and they are an invaluable resource.
    05-17-08 09:30 PM
    Mute button:
    When on a call, it mutes the call
    When ringing, it mutes the ring
    When not on a call and not ringing and held down for 3 seconds - standby
    05-17-08 09:32 PM
    Check these out. You will learn a lot about how to use your new toy.

Blackberry 101:
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

New Users Guide to Crackberry:
    New Users Guide to CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com
    05-17-08 09:33 PM
    If you want to get a lot of practical info real fast, check out the book "BlackBerry Curve Made Simple" at amazon, or you can download the book at www.blackberrymadesimple.com site. It answers all these questions and, unlike the BB manuals, is well illustrated and full of helpful suggestions.
    05-18-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD