Hey so I have a Bold as my primary phone, but for weekends when I go out/risk spilling my double gin and tonic on my phone, I want to use a "weekend phone", which is why I bought a Pearl Flip as well.. When I take my SIM out of my Bold and put it in the Flip, my contacts and BBM works great, but when I try to set up my email account to the Flip, it asks me if I'd like to switch PINs.. Do I have to switch PINs everytime I swap my SIM card or is there a way to get around this? Seems like a bit of a pain...
    02-01-09 04:50 PM
    Switch pins or your email won't work. That's how the bis associates your emails with your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 04:59 PM
    You switch, it sends the service books, and you are good to go!
    02-01-09 05:01 PM
    Switching PINs is the only way, BUT maybe you could live without email on the phone for the weekend? Just check your computer for your emails then.

On my end on the weekends I mostly voice, text, and of course browse on my Storm. I think I could live without the email. Fortunately I don't have that issue.
    02-01-09 05:04 PM
    And can you do that everytime switching between the devices? And it won't hurt or charge any extra?

02-01-09 05:05 PM
    How is hitting the trackball and selecting 'yes' a pain?
    02-01-09 05:05 PM
    And can you do that everytime switching between the devices? And it won't hurt or charge any extra?

Probably not but you would need to check with Rogers.
    02-01-09 05:12 PM
    Why don't you sign up with a end email address that is associated with your pearl 8220 PIN and have your main email forward your messages to your 2nd email address?
    Would that work?

02-01-09 05:21 PM
    I change devices 2 times a day. Never been charged. Forwarding emails to me wouldn't work for my application but might for him

02-01-09 05:27 PM
    I change devices 2 times a day. Never been charged. Forwarding emails to me wouldn't work for my application but might for him

Right most carriers would not charge you (well maybe Verizon would find a way ), as long as both phone are BBs. You might have issues if you use another smart phone as some providers (i.e. Verizon) charge you differently for BBs and other smart phone data plans.
    02-01-09 05:32 PM
    Pk.....I take it you've had some verizon experience...lol...cus that's true. I left them after just about 13 years for that crap. I took my 5 blackberries, gave them away free and went to Tmo. Even paid a grand to get out of my last contract. 400 month was gettin old. Now I pay 150 for all five.

02-01-09 05:49 PM
    How is hitting the trackball and selecting 'yes' a pain?
    ******* about sums it up.. But after hitting 'Yes' you have to set up your email again.. I was just hoping there would be a way to avoid having to set up my email twice a week.. Guess not, though. I'll try email forwarding.. That's a good idea..
    02-01-09 06:26 PM
    I switched between 2 BBs daily for quite awhile... simple, and free.
    02-01-09 06:26 PM
    I also switch berries frequently its no big deal . When you log on to the bis
    Sever it reconizes your pin and prompts you for the switch . I'm with AT&T and as far as I know,there is no charge for this

Hope this helps

02-01-09 06:35 PM
    I switched between 2 BBs daily for quite awhile... simple, and free.
    Same here. It was never a hassle really. I didn't have to set up my emails either. Maybe it differs between carriers.
    02-01-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD