I have a two part question:

My Wifi is turned off. I think that the Verizon tech people turned it off originally because I was having problems with the phone not charging and would have to keep popping the battery to make it work. (I've owned a BB for less than a month.) I was also getting "Sim card error" messages. The tech people played with the settings for awhile and then said it was fixed...and later I had noticed they turned off the Wifi but I really haven't needed it because the 3G does what I need. (I hope this isn't all they did to make it work but they didn't specify.) Does anyone know a reason why this would have helped, and whether there are problems keeping Wifi constantly on?

And now the reason for the first question: I just downloaded Mr. Number (the caller ID program) and it says that it needs Wifi to operate on a Verizon phone. Is there anything wrong with keeping Wifi on all the time, aside from battery drain? Is it possible that having Wifi on also caused my other issues?

Thanks for any input!!
    10-05-10 08:38 PM
    No problems with keeping it constantly on; some say battery doesn't last as long, but with as much as wifi increases my battery life, and as wifi is everywhere I go, I get better bat life with it always on then I would always off.
    The Sim Card error message is cuz you don't have reception. Tell them you need a free airave.
    10-05-10 10:09 PM
    No problems with keeping it constantly on; some say battery doesn't last as long, but with as much as wifi increases my battery life, and as wifi is everywhere I go, I get better bat life with it always on then I would always off.
    The Sim Card error message is cuz you don't have reception. Tell them you need a free airave.
    What is an airave? (I have been having a lot of reception problems with the phone...I don't have service in many places I used to have it with my little EN-V!

Hmmm....I just Googled airave. Would this help phone reception on a Blackberry in spots where other Verizon phones still get service? I'm dead now for five miles on my way to work where I previously used to talk on the phone during that time...
    Last edited by OneSharon; 10-05-10 at 10:19 PM.
    10-05-10 10:16 PM
    Not 100% sure what the airave is or how it works, but it's something (that at least Sprint has) that broadcasts the cellular frequency wherever you hook it up.
    10-05-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD