Hey guys,

quick question for you. I am frequently at home so I want to use my WiFi internet for browsing but not for receiving or making calls because the connection is unstable and my call often drop in the middle. I want to know if there is a way I can use the WiFi strictly for browsing and the network strictly for calling. Thank you in advance!
    08-10-10 02:40 AM
    Tuirn off the mobile network and just use wifi.

Manage Connections, uncheck Mobile Network. Remember to check it again to turn it back on. Same for wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 04:45 AM
    That's backwards. OP wants to use the mobile network only for calls, but WiFi for browsing. You can set Options > Mobile Network > Connection Preference to Mobile Network Preferred or Only. However, I think this may force your browsing to use the mobile network rather than WiFi.
    08-10-10 08:54 AM
    so then clearly there is no solution for me to use wifi only for internet while simultaneously using the network strictly for calling? I hope OS 6 allows us to do that.
    08-10-10 03:13 PM
    so then clearly there is no solution for me to use wifi only for internet while simultaneously using the network strictly for calling? I hope OS 6 allows us to do that.
    Set the browser options to hotspot browser as default. As a previous poster said, set the mobile network options to mobile network preferred.
    08-10-10 03:30 PM
    thanks that solved my question. appreciate your help.
    08-10-10 04:38 PM
    Set the browser options to hotspot browser as default. As a previous poster said, set the mobile network options to mobile network preferred.
    Good point. I just leave my browser set to internet.
    08-10-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD