I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to turn off my phone's notification alerts for a new e-mail from a specific e-mail address. I have a professor who has a habit of sending our class e-mails at 6am and since I like to keep my phone on vibrate for various reasons, it ends up waking me every time this professor sends a message. If anyone knows of a way to do help, please let me know, thanks!
    01-07-09 08:01 AM
    No, with push e-mail, it's all or nothing...
    01-07-09 08:03 AM
    On the profile you're using just change the settings for that email address. I am assuming you have multiple email addresses on your bb? If you go into the profile you use vibrate, loud whatever there will be seperate messages for each of your email addresses. If you only have one email address and its that one then no you cant really do anything other than change to a profile that has the email alerts off while youre sleeping or something.
    01-07-09 08:09 AM
    You could create a custome profile to use while you are sleeping that has no notification for the email address that he sends out those 6am emails to.
    01-07-09 08:10 AM
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! I'm going to experiment with profiles and I also noticed that I can just set an auto-on/off function on the phone so perhaps that will do the trick.

Thanks again guys!
    01-07-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD