Hello all... odd question I'm sure, but there is logic behind this. As a lot of you do - I listen to Pandora Radio along with Podcasts. The problem is that when I have those apps running - if I get an email/message... the app will stop for a moment and then restart. Sometimes this IS useful, but other times it is really irratating.

I know you can go into settings and select to BLOCK messages... but is there an easier way? I don't want the messages to get blocked... just held off till I'm done listening to the radio etc. If I did block the messages - would they eventually come to my handheld after I turned that feature back on?

Thanks in advance for your responses... this is a great site!

Oh - and I'm running a Storm 9530 on Verizon with 5.328...
    03-10-10 09:57 PM
    Just go to your Sound Profiles and create a custom profile and turn all the notification off and silent.
    03-11-10 05:53 AM
    Just go to your Sound Profiles and create a custom profile and turn all the notification off and silent.

So you mean the silent profile then....
    03-11-10 06:20 AM
    Really? I was thinking it was the message itself - not the ringer/notification that was causing the interruption. THANKS - I'll try it.

I actually already have a custom profile set up that just allows phone calls to come through and it will work nicely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 06:39 AM

So you mean the silent profile then....
    Well, no. Because the user might actually want to hear the phone ring but merely wishes to silence OTHER notifications.
    03-11-10 11:06 AM

oh really... why not say that then because unless i cant read you put "turn ALL"
    03-11-10 11:19 AM
    yeah fool!
    03-17-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD