New Blackberry Bold user, absolutely love it, been reading the forums to learn all about it. One thing I can't figure out...

Is there an easy way to deactivate / activate all of my email addresses being checked / downloading mail? I work from home, and I run a handful of businesses, each with their own email addresses. It's kind of a pain to check the emails on my Outlook, and have the phone next to me downloading all the same emails. I DO, however, want to receive texts, BBM, etc.

Is there a way to easily deactivate all email address checking and then easily reactivate it on the fly?
    11-08-08 12:43 PM
    Delete service books for those emails, but then you'll have to resend them to restart the emails.
    11-08-08 12:48 PM
    Or contact your service provider if you have a prosumer/enterprise account you will have an associated BIS site where you can manage up to 10 additional email addresses (may vary depending on provider), this includes turning them on and off without changing your service book configuration (this is something that people ought to contact their service provider with assistance for anyway).
    11-08-08 12:52 PM
    It would be nice if RIM put this functionality into BIS. That way users could configure their email schedules.

Personally I do not like the continual hail of random emails that come to my phone. I far prefer the method I use with Outlook: when I am ready to deal with my emails, I press Send/Receive.

I would therefore love to be able to switch them off in the evenings from BIS rather than having to implement this via phone Auto On/Off.
    11-08-08 12:55 PM
    New Blackberry Bold user, absolutely love it, been reading the forums to learn all about it. One thing I can't figure out...

Is there an easy way to deactivate / activate all of my email addresses being checked / downloading mail? I work from home, and I run a handful of businesses, each with their own email addresses. It's kind of a pain to check the emails on my Outlook, and have the phone next to me downloading all the same emails. I DO, however, want to receive texts, BBM, etc.

Is there a way to easily deactivate all email address checking and then easily reactivate it on the fly?
    one thing I do that is easy with Outlook - - set an auto send/retieve for every minute or two and then Outlook grabs the emails from the server before the blackberry has a chance. Outlook > Tools > Options > mail setup > send/recieve >schedule auto send/recieve. this works great because Outlook can only do this when I am at compute and have outlook up and running - - otherwise when you are away from desktop and shut off outlook then you'll get the emails on the B-Berry
    11-08-08 12:59 PM
    Wow dawg that's a pretty good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD