So I haven't been able to find the answer to this by searching the forums, but I did notice that at least one other person allude to it.

In my calendar options, I am not given the option to turn on the wireless sync. It is set to No and when when I scroll over the No and hit my menu button, there is no option to change it.

I use a hotmail account with my BB and my service is through Verizon. Is one of these two factors the culprit?
    05-31-11 05:33 PM
    So I haven't been able to find the answer to this by searching the forums, but I did notice that at least one other person allude to it.

In my calendar options, I am not given the option to turn on the wireless sync. It is set to No and when when I scroll over the No and hit my menu button, there is no option to change it.

I use a hotmail account with my BB and my service is through Verizon. Is one of these two factors the culprit?
    Log into your BIS acct. and under your email acct you will find 3 items to check for syncing... Calendar, Contacts and delete...Select them all and save.
    05-31-11 06:27 PM
    Well that sounds simple enough, but I'm not savvy enough to know where to find my BIS account....

I know it is my Blackberry Internet Service, but that's about it.

Thanks for all the hand holding in advance!
    05-31-11 10:54 PM
    Well, you can try finding the Email Wizard icon (envelope with a green engine on it) and use it to log in to BIS and set it up.

One little thing thou, Hotmail accounts will only sync contacts over BIS. I'd go for a gmail account.

carrier.blackberry.com also works.
    05-31-11 10:59 PM
    Yeah you may have to call your carrier to set up your account. I have had a blackberry for 6 months and had never created a BIS account even though I have been on BIS.

I did it and was able to bypass that stupid, stupid upgrade for email settings that bricked my phone.
    06-01-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD