is there a way to turn GPS off when not using apps that use GPS? or when these apps are closed, is GPS off automatically?
    01-17-09 12:26 PM
    Options - advanced options - gps - gps services - location off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 12:31 PM
    When those apps are closed, gps is shut off automatically.
    In options->advanced->gps>gps service=location off. Seem to turn off gps. Apps won't try to look for gps when you have this setting off

01-17-09 12:36 PM
    When those apps are closed, gps is shut off automatically.
    In options->advanced->gps>gps service=location off. Seem to turn off gps. Apps won't try to look for gps when you have this setting off

my two gps apps, yellow pages and google maps, are shut down when i don't use. so gps is not in use then when these aren't opened?
    01-17-09 01:48 PM
    Location Off is the most "Off" you can get. The 911 functions of your GPS are always on. If you dial 911, the operator will be able to determine your location from your GPS.
    01-17-09 04:13 PM
    I'm assuming that turning the GPS setting to off will save a little battery?
    01-17-09 05:35 PM
    I set GPS Services to E911 Only and the Location Aiding to Disabled, other than that I couldn't find any other option. I did it because I don't use gps and besides the battery, I'm assuming it wont transmit the signal which would theoretically save bandwidth and device resources (it it is running "more" with it on and "less" with it off). Just trying to optimize, but I don't know if it makes a difference, anyone?
    01-18-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD