I am really trying hard to love my BB and PB but lack of Skype, Kindle, Netflix app and slower web browsing are making it difficult.

Any idea when these will be available?
    01-14-12 10:27 PM
    If BB is not doing it for you then its time to move on to something that does.
    01-14-12 10:29 PM
    Unfortunately no definate answer yet. Try Kobo for books, its pretty much a kindle. Has just about the same selection and free books. I am pretty sure you can use the kindle cloud reader on the playbook if you dont like kobo. A new magazine app will be out very soon that looks cool! Skype is not out for any platform even the company who owns it, Microsoft and Windows Phone. That is not RIM's fault at all. As for netflix, again no clue, but hoping we can get a netflix or hulu app. I am pretty sure I heard RIM was releasing a video store app? who knows! hope that helps.
    01-14-12 10:44 PM
    as i thought (old article) not sure if this is something that will excite you or something you didnt know about! Also you should be able to view netflix through your browser right?

RIM Announces BlackBerry Video Store for PlayBook, OS 2.0 update
    01-14-12 10:46 PM
    I am really trying hard to love my BB and PB but lack of Skype, Kindle, Netflix app and slower web browsing are making it difficult.

Slower web browsing, compared to what??
    01-15-12 12:47 AM
    I have Skype on my Blackberry Bold 9930.
    01-15-12 09:24 AM
    I have Skype on my Blackberry Bold 9930.
    Hi KB1964 - can you please advice how to get skype on my BB?

Thanks for the idea on Kobo - downloaded it today and checking it out.

I also read that Skype app can be used via the Android App Player on the Playbook. Can anyone share their experiences with that? Does it really work just like Skype does from the PC?

Also, no LinkedIn app for the BB 9930. Does anyone know when they are going to come up with that. I upgraded from the Tour which had it..
    01-16-12 01:25 AM

Don't TRY to love.

01-16-12 02:40 AM
    Hi KB1964 - can you please advice how to get skype on my BB? ..
    Only on Verizon.
    01-16-12 06:07 AM
    Looks to me like you want more of a media tablet and not a work tablet. Do yourself a favor and go get a kindle fire because you will always find yourself wanting if you dont.
    01-16-12 09:31 AM
    Slower browsing? Compare to what? I put this playbook up against my Ipad2 and they are pretty much tied. Depending the site sometimes Playbook's faster sometimes its not. Also there's ways around using Netflix. Use playon. Do a search works great plays Netflix on my Playbook.
    01-16-12 10:15 AM
    If BB is not doing it for you then its time to move on to something that does.
    Sounds like Mike and Jim.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-16-12 01:16 PM
    Looks to me like you want more of a media tablet and not a work tablet. Do yourself a favor and go get a kindle fire because you will always find yourself wanting if you dont.
    I need Skype and Kindle app for work.
    01-16-12 03:26 PM
    Only on Verizon.
    I am on Verizon also - and GOT IT!!! thanks for the tip. FOr some reason it's not on App World -even under the Verizon apps. So I had to go to their website to get it. Works great!!!
    01-16-12 07:08 PM
    Slower browsing? Compare to what? I put this playbook up against my Ipad2 and they are pretty much tied. Depending the site sometimes Playbook's faster sometimes its not. Also there's ways around using Netflix. Use playon. Do a search works great plays Netflix on my Playbook.
    Sorry I meant the blackberry, not the PB. PB browsing is great and even 9930 is not so bad. I was comparing to my wife's andriod phone which is of course faster because it's 4G compatible.
    01-16-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD