i paid for a service online to get my bberry 8300 unlocked. It is rogers branded, I got it as a replacement last week when my original 8300 stopped working. I paid the website and he said he had an issue finding an unlock code... i reconfirmed my IMEI number with him, and he gave my money back saying that this phone isnt registered with rogers, and he cant do it. He said another option I would have is to pay a little more to get it unlocked as you need someone to go into the blackberry system. He said this happens sometimes when the phone is stolen or given away directly by RIM.

Is there anyway I can call rogers to fix this?

Thanks
    07-11-08 12:17 PM
    sometimes you can call the service provider and they will provide the unlock code for free.
    07-11-08 12:19 PM
    If I remember correctly from other posts, Rogers will not provide unlock codes.
    07-11-08 12:31 PM
    i dont need rogers to unlock it for free. i just need it to be able to be unlocked the regular way...
    07-11-08 12:35 PM
    You should call Rogers to first find the true status of your phone.

If the phone was lost, stolen or sold on after being replaced by an insurance company then it is likely that its IMEI has been blacklisted.

If this is so, it means that even if it is unlocked then it will not ever work because no national network will accept the phone regardless of it being unlocked or whatever SIM card is inserted.
    07-11-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD