I have been trying to free up memory on my 8330 and I tried to delete the already installed BB themes that I will never use. I tried to do it using my BBSAK and instead I ended up deleting several themes I have downloaded over time and the stupid BB themes were still there!!!! So frustrating! Fortunately I was able to get them back on but I'm wondering if it's even possible to get the factory installed themes off the phone without ruining everything else?
    07-19-10 12:14 AM
    You can... but if you do you will lose some functionality of custom themes. Custom themes require the factory themes to work.

I deleted all but the RIM zen theme off my 8330m to free up space, but didn't like the fact that I couldn't use any custom themes so I ended up putting them back.
    07-19-10 12:18 AM
    Well then that's what happened. I had no idea they depended on the factory themes! I have a bunch of custom themes and only was left with a few after I did that. Thanks for clearing up the reason. I thought I was losing my mind. I'll just leave them on my phone from now on......
    07-19-10 12:22 AM
    You can always get rid of Voice Dialing if you don't use it. Your "About" screen won't show up correctly if you do, but it's an option. Haha
    07-19-10 12:46 AM
    Check the" Memory Optimization Procedure" out in the "How To" section. I freed up about 12mb and am running at 32mb on my 8330. Well worth the read!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 06:27 AM
    Check out MaxMem... you can do a bunch of memory cleaning right on your phone with it. Just remember to delete it when you're done!
    07-19-10 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD