Hey everyone, newbie here ... once I get the money saved up, I'm switching to either Boost or Virgin so I can get a BlackBerry without the hassle of a contract.

So which one is better--Boost's Curve 8330 or Virgin's Curve 8530?
    08-01-10 05:46 PM
    Google the specs on each, do some reading and decide. The most important factor being, who's got the best coverage in your area. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 09:25 AM
    Better phone and newer IIRC is the 8530....but like poster above me said, go with better coverage because will suck not being able to use the better features because of the spotty coverage.

Here boost mobile is better, but not enough for me to switch...rather pay a few more dollars for better service/coverage and have more phone selections.

08-02-10 09:57 AM
    Virgin and Boost are both run off of Sprint towers, aren't they? So shouldn't coverage be similar? (I may be mistaken - if so, I apologize).

That said, the 8530 is a newer device with more memory and wifi, but doesn't have a camera flash. The 8330 is an older device, but has a camera flash and is a solid device (I never once had a problem with mine, excellent little guy). Virgin's plan is cheaper IIRC.
    08-02-10 10:10 AM
    8330 > 8530 regardless of the specs, the 8330 is a much more reliable device in my opinion.

08-02-10 10:32 AM
    I like my 8330
    But I feel obsolete.

08-02-10 10:43 AM
    Don't feel bad Dc, I love my 8330 on Boost and have only called CS once for a $5 credit that didn't show up. Solid reliable device. I'll keep it till it won't light!

08-02-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD