Hi. I am lost. I have been trying ALL day to connect my blackberry pearl 8160 via bluetooth to my macbook. I am attempting to tether internet from my phone to my computer and I have followed other instructions but it is just not working. I have everything down up to the username and password. But if anyone knows how to (successfully) connect a blackberry pearl using bluetooth to a mac, please let me know ASAP!!
    05-15-09 05:08 PM
    Have you gotten as far as getting the pearl and macbook tethered? I'm assuming by username and password you mean the one to connect to VZW with? You need tethering on your account to be able to use this feature and assuming that you do and that the blackberry and macbook are tethered the account info is; #777. User name is (your cell #)@vzw3g.com Password: "vzw" without quotes.
    Last edited by crashovrride; 05-15-09 at 05:22 PM.
    05-15-09 05:13 PM
    thank you for your advice and i did that.. but this message popped up:

could not negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server. please verify your settings and try again.

ahh i have no idea what i am doing wrong!!!
    05-15-09 05:31 PM
    Go into the system prefs and verify the modem settings and that you have tethering added on to your account.
    05-15-09 05:40 PM
    i thought that it just had to have bluetooth accessibility?
    05-15-09 05:51 PM
    i thought that it just had to have bluetooth accessibility?
    The phone is acting as a bluetooth modem so you need to make sure all of the settings are correct. This isn't for the 8130 but it should help you. How to tether your Mac to Blackberry 8830 - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    05-15-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD