Put your device in your shirt pocket or hold it by your heart for a few seconds. Does your heart feel any different? (I am being serious not sentimental. I love my Curve too) But when I sometimes put mine in my upper shirt pocket while at work, I feel a little different, like my heart is palpatating or something. I want you all to tell me its in my head... Thanks!
    08-27-08 01:58 PM
    Hmmmm U DID take your meds this morning right?
    08-27-08 02:00 PM
    i agree with cipherdias maybe you didnt take your medicine... or maybe you have a pacemaker and shouldnt put your phone in your shirt pocket?? lol... jk
    08-27-08 02:28 PM
    i tried... i have butterfly's in my stomach. makes me feel like i did when i was a teenager going on dates. haha

now being serious... i really did not feel any different
    08-27-08 02:34 PM
    The only recommendations I am aware of would be if you have an implantable pacemaker or defibrillator. I haven't heard of a cellphone interfering with one's natural pacemaker.
    08-27-08 02:34 PM
    I walk every break at work and keep my BB Pearl in my shirt pocket so that the headphone cord doesn't tug and haven't felt a thing.
    08-27-08 02:41 PM
    I also carry mine in my shirt pocket and do a lot of electrical work, it's almost magical, whenever I get into 480 volts the damn phone starts vibrating,
    THAT my friend will make your heart palpatate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 02:42 PM
    so i am just crazy; knew it, but now it's confirmed!
    08-27-08 02:50 PM
    I also carry mine in my shirt pocket and do a lot of electrical work, it's almost magical, whenever I get into 480 volts the damn phone starts vibrating,
    THAT my friend will make your heart palpatate.

YIKES!!! Be careful! No wonder you're called "fonebrkr"!
    08-27-08 03:15 PM
    There have been numerous strange topics on CB lately, this being one of them... lol

08-27-08 03:19 PM
    And like the other weird threads, I'm speechless....
    08-27-08 03:23 PM
    And like the other weird threads, I'm speechless....
    Ummm... No comment...
    08-27-08 03:40 PM
    08-27-08 03:58 PM
    No, it cannot affect your heart. Do the countless other radio waves bouncing all over you constantly make you feel funny?

You would be surprised how many and how strong some of these things are too.

If you aren't convinced. Walk within 5 feet of any transformer outside. If you survive, then the BB is not the issue.

08-27-08 04:02 PM
    But when I sometimes put mine in my upper shirt pocket while at work, I feel a little different, like my heart is palpatating or something.
    No, the palpitations come when you bend to look at something and feel the Curve depart your pocket under the influence of gravity.
    08-27-08 04:42 PM
    I think its all in your head. To test this, blindfold yourself and have someone hold the blackberry right in front of your chest and then move it away multiple times. If you can feel something when the berry is near, maybe you have a case here!
    08-27-08 04:54 PM
    No, the palpitations come when you bend to look at something and feel the Curve depart your pocket under the influence of gravity.
    That probably is it!
    08-27-08 04:59 PM
    Maybe it's just a Verizon thing? JK.
    08-27-08 05:29 PM
    Manx? I'll wave when I pass on the Lpl-Bel ferry. Got a few jobs coming up there in the next few months.
    08-27-08 07:13 PM
    That sounds really weird.

08-27-08 10:04 PM
    Nope nothing there lol
    08-27-08 10:44 PM
    Put your device in your shirt pocket or hold it by your heart for a few seconds. Does your heart feel any different? (I am being serious not sentimental. I love my Curve too) But when I sometimes put mine in my upper shirt pocket while at work, I feel a little different, like my heart is palpatating or something. I want you all to tell me its in my head... Thanks!
    Let's think through this.

You have been noticing your heart behaving abnormally, and you also observed that when that happens, you tend to have your BlackBerry in your pocket.

Let's assume that it doesn't happen every time or all the time your BlackBerry is in your pocket; if it does, correct me and we'll try another approach.

My assumption is that the BlackBerry is not the cause of your condition (though it may have helped you notice the condition, since it places a solid physical presence near your heart that makes it easier to notice heartbeat irregularities).

But think: it may not be your imagination.

I would strongly urge you to see a doctor, explain what you've been sensing, let the stethoscope do its work and maybe do some other precautionary evaluations, like a full physical, a stress tesk and an EKG.

Worst case, you'll be in perfect health and have wasted a doctor's visit.
    08-28-08 09:32 AM
    MBW, that may be some good advice. Thanks. b/c i think i have noticed it at other times as well when my bb is not near my chest. utto
    08-28-08 09:57 AM
    Cell phone's have a SAR #. The CDMA Curve has the highest SAR (Specific Absorption Rate)level of any Blackberry. The SAR is how much radiation your phone gives off. 1.6 is the maximum level that the US allows a phone to be; anything higher than that, is not considered "safe". Below is the SAR level for the Curve. It typically gives off the most "radiation" while it's being used, not when it's idling in your shirt/pants pocket.

5 RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Sprint) 1.54
    6 RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon Wireless) 1.54

Technically, if you use your phone alot, it will get hot. I know when I keep my phone in my pocket, it does get hot and I can feel it on my leg.. it's possible that you can feel this same feeling if it's close to your heart.

The reason why it gets hot is due to signal quality. The farther away you are from a tower, the more the battery has to give power to the Radio to reach that farther away signal, so the battery get's hot. This also causes the battery life to decrease.

Lower signal quality = less battery life and hotter battery
    Higher signal quality = more battery life and battery shouldn't get as hot
    Last edited by sniffs; 08-28-08 at 10:07 AM.
    08-28-08 10:01 AM
    I guess if you want to switch to serious mode for a moment...I'll get all nursey on you. It is not uncommon for younger people and older people to have what we call "a run of PVC's." I have them myself from time to time and I'm thinking this might be the case with you. Not knowing your age, gender, history, etc...who knows? Don't rely on this as the be all end all of the discussion, though. If it concerns you then I agree with the above statement, go see a doctor. Probably nothing serious though. Oh, and to keep this discussion BB related...take you Berry with you so you can play BrickBreaker in the waiting room.
    P.S. Stay off the diet pills...they can be bad for your heart.
    08-28-08 10:03 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD