Fair point. But ask them about Android too. You may get just as many black stares.

And I still wonder why BBRY was not able to convincingly encourage legacy users to switch. Surely, they knew about BB10?
    Well, random reboots, mid tier hardware at a high tier price, apps that I used on legacy device weren't avalible on the new device. (TD Ameritrade being the most important. ) I also wanted to control my A/V system, use Voxer, control my TiVo, try out some of the iFit devices, and the list goes on. But I also fell in love with 1080P displays and front firing stereo speakers.

ask them about apple,they will fall down on their knees praising lord steve Jobs for bestowing the same iphone to them year after year.
    Problem with your statement is that it's not the same iPhone year after year. Keep on believing that FUD. People upgrade from one iPhone to another because they are similar. It's just not a drastic change. They work almost the same. The apps that they have been using for years work with the newer model. iOS upgrades work similar, but with increased functionality. That's one of the many reasons why people love them. What keeps me away is the screen size.

are you saying that blackberry should just sell 1 phone? They should just sell 2: 1 keyboard and one 5 inch phone with the latest software and hardware.
    They should drop the keyboard phone and sell two. A Z10 as a low cost phone and a Z40 as a high end model. Drop the Z30 and make the 40. Put a modern day LCD 3 1080P screen and a SnapDragon 800 CPU. Like they should have to begin with.

could be,,, it'd be cool to know just how many in N.A. were still onboard @ launch time...
    I know of one person that was... Me. I also had zero BBM contacts. I only knew one person still using BB.
    10-06-13 06:36 PM
    I think the 2% rollover of existing BB users is a key problem for BB. The high proportion of defections should have been quite an indication that BB users were dissatisfied with the product. Period. But it also is indicative of BB's failure to reassure its longstanding customer base that BB10 would not only address their concerns about BBOS but also give them what they want (better app ecosystem, better entertainment integration, better camera, etc).

By failing to address the concerns of existing users, BBRY failed in its most basic marketing test: to convert existing legacy users into brand ambassadors. That failure then helped ensure that other platform users wouldn't be interested in even considering a switch to BB10.
    NYC10065 sums up my earlier comments in a very succinct manner. The entire failure of BB during its prior 2+yrs of OS10 development and past 8+ mths of OS10 intro. might be found in this poster's thoughts above.
    Last edited by M65c02; 10-10-13 at 09:06 AM.
    10-07-13 12:36 PM
    NYC10065 sums up my earlier comments in a very succinct manner. The entire failure of BB during its prior 2+yrs of OS10 development and past 8+ mths of OS10 intro. might be found in this poster's thoughts above.
    Yes, he has a most excellent point.
    10-15-13 08:59 AM
    I live in Vancouver Canada and there is vary little awareness of bb10 here. What little awareness about BlackBerry is the old cheap devices that are one step above a dumb phone and the company is out of business or heading there. And of the few people that were interested in Bb10 the original buggy ,unfinished OS on rollout turned them off. I talked to a former Telus IT guy, he quit last year, really into phones, didn't know anything about BB10 thought it failed on launch . People just ignore the few ads that are out there and the only reviews they hear are bad ones. It's hard to be positive and sell the phone to people when BlackBerry management is apparently doing everything possible to cripple the company.

Posted via Z10
    10-15-13 11:25 AM
104 ... 345