I have showed my Q10 to many of my friends, college student in Dallas, Texas.

Most people didn't know BlackBerry still makes phones. Few people have even asked me if it's touch screen.

Consumers aren't aware of their products. It will take time to catch on.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:24 PM
    Wow! That is surprising! Does that area live in a deep hole? Just sayin

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-04-13 10:26 PM

Not surprising to me. Most people don't know of the new BB10 lineup or even the fact that BlackBerry is still producing phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:28 PM
    It will take time to catch on.
    Unfortunately, time is a luxury that is no longer available.
    10-04-13 10:30 PM
    I have showed my Q10 to many of my friends, college student in Dallas, Texas.

Most people didn't know BlackBerry still makes phones. Few people have even asked me if it's touch screen.

Consumers aren't aware of their products. It will take time to catch on.

Posted via CB10
    I am starting to wonder if this is a Southern thing in pockets of the south, I am form Mississippi and encounter the same mind set.
    10-04-13 10:58 PM
    Why is it that people think their experience(s) with a small and limited number of people is indicative of what MOST people do or do not know / are aware of?
    bp3dots likes this.
    10-04-13 11:01 PM
    Why is it that people think their experience(s) with a small and limited number of people is indicative of what MOST people do or do not know / are aware of?
    If we put peoples' experiences together, review what BlackBerry has done to market BB10, and look at the sales numbers, a pretty good assumption can be made about awareness.

Posted via CB10
    ADGrant, XDrew42, shief24 and 2 others like this.
    10-04-13 11:12 PM
    I am starting to wonder if this is a Southern thing in pockets of the south, I am form Mississippi and encounter the same mind set.
    Nope. I'm in California. Same thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:14 PM
    If we put peoples' experiences together, review what BlackBerry has done to market BB10, and look at the sales numbers, a pretty good assumption can be made about awareness.
    But they are still assumptions with what is arguably the worst possible metrics as a basis. My point is people may actually be more aware of BB10 than we generally give them credit for.
    richardat and Tre Lawrence like this.
    10-04-13 11:25 PM
    I honestly did not know that the bb10 devices are all running a non android os (until I got one). After I had some time with a bb10 device the first thing I thought was that it was running a custom version of android similar to what b&n nook, and amazon Kindle did.

I really just hopped in to the BlackBerry devices by chance since I really didn't know anything about them. I bought a q10 for $300 purely because I was intrigued with the physical qwerty, and somebody was willing to sell me one for a cheap price. I wasn't too into it, sold it, and bought a z10. Yea I went from a q10 to a z10.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73, XDrew42 and Bdot-1 like this.
    10-04-13 11:29 PM
    The truth is most people don't know anything about phones except the iPhone and maybe the Samsung.

I watch MNF at a pub every week and people don't know what BB10 is and the truth is they don't know what HTC one is or the Moto X is either. People don't care, they go about there lives and buy what there friends have or what they see on TV nothing more

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:34 PM
    It's not a Southern thing guys. Lol. It's just that BlackBerry's marketing sucks b*lls!

This is my first BlackBerry. The way I found out about it was a quick Internet search of "newest smartphones." The BlackBerry Z10 popped up. I YouTube'd it and fell in love! :P lol.

I saw my first BlackBerry 10 ad months after I had my Z10 in hand. Smh

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    10-04-13 11:38 PM

No, they probably just don't live on the internet.

The only people I know who are aware of BB10 are the ones who read tech blogs. Most girls and my non techie guy friends think all Blackberries are the same as the ones they had in high school.
    ankush77 and JayRoc11212 like this.
    10-04-13 11:41 PM
    But they are still assumptions with what is arguably the worst possible metrics as a basis. My point is people may actually be more aware of BB10 than we generally give them credit for.
    I think they probably are. Having said that, many don't know, and aren't motivated to know....this is because it took too long for BB to offer a new OS! Most gave up on BB long ago, and are reasonably happy with whatever they use now....they don't care and don't need BB. BB needed to offer something whiz-bang better and market it well.....they did neither. (shrugs....that's bout it)

If you show them now....and I've told lots of people about BB10....it's mostly "oh...meh....that's good".
    10-04-13 11:43 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying BlackBerry has done a bang up job in marketing and advertising...I haven't lost that much of my mind. What I am saying is when things like "Most people don't know..." is said, it is probably inaccurate on a lot of levels. There is a large chunk of people who have no idea BlackBerry has a new OS or new devices, but I also think there is a large chunk that do and they are either ambivalent or just flat out don't care.

What I just don't understand is why people go out of their way to relate what 12 (it's an example) of their friends and acquaintances think and apply that to the buying public writ large.
    Tre Lawrence and richardat like this.
    10-04-13 11:47 PM
    Nope. I'm in California. Same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I'm in Orange County and you can count the BB users on one hand or so it seems.
    10-04-13 11:51 PM
    the south is it's own little world,,, the people are great, but it seems like they are disconnected sometimes...
    10-05-13 12:01 AM
    Funny thing is the only time I ever saw blackberry advertising in my life was on a recent trip to Dallas I saw a q10 sign while waiting for the train.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:02 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying BlackBerry has done a bang up job in marketing and advertising...I haven't lost that much of my mind. What I am saying is when things like "Most people don't know..." is said, it is probably inaccurate on a lot of levels. There is a large chunk of people who have no idea BlackBerry has a new OS or new devices, but I also think there is a large chunk that do and they are either ambivalent or just flat out don't care.

What I just don't understand is why people go out of their way to relate what 12 (it's an example) of their friends and acquaintances think and apply that to the buying public writ large.
    One of the great things about this forum is that it is populated by people spread out across the world. If someone posts sonething, and it catches the eye, they can get a pretty decent random sampling. In fact, some of these posts, "where do you live"..."what device are you coming from"..."what's your area code".... etc etc get so many responses that many a scientific survey would be jealous.

What I just don't understand is the seeming need to play devils advocate across so many threads. Perhaps you just enjoy a good debate? That's what we need! A new forum! BlackBerry debate! For those of us that enjoy a good argument! I know we all enjoy it every now and then, and then these threads could be left for people that just want to share experiences and talk about their phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:07 AM
    Yep, I'm in Orange County and you can count the BB users on one hand or so it seems.
    Lucky guy! I'm in the central valley. Between Fresno and Bakersfield. Or what I like to call the armpit of California.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:08 AM
    I mostly agree with this premise.

I do believe people are more aware than we may want to believe.
    10-05-13 12:13 AM
    I mostly agree with this premise.

I do believe people are more aware than we may want to believe.
    Perhaps. But ask a random person on the street about BlackBerry 10. How many would know? I'm seriously disgusted with their marketing.

10-05-13 12:17 AM
    Perhaps. But ask a random person on the street about BlackBerry 10. How many would know? I'm seriously disgusted with their marketing.

Fair point. But ask them about Android too. You may get just as many black stares.

And I still wonder why BBRY was not able to convincingly encourage legacy users to switch. Surely, they knew about BB10?
    richardat likes this.
    10-05-13 12:21 AM
    Lucky guy! I'm in the central valley. Between Fresno and Bakersfield. Or what I like to call the armpit of California.

Posted via CB10
    Haaaaaaa! Funny. You have a good sense of humor.
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-05-13 12:22 AM

Just wrote long response and lost it on flaky laptop touchpad response! Suffice it to say: agree completely. I think, at least in Canada for example, that there is a very, very large contingent of people who know....they just do not care. The contingent of people who dont' know at all.....they don't know anything about tech in general - not interested....if they actually go to buy a phone...they'll probably find out then....there wasn't effective marketing, and there wasn't a ton of marketing, but there was plenty enough in canada to be aware of it. Any google search...any walk into a dealer....you'd find out right away. Yeah....I know...maybe in YOUR dealership, the BB poster was on the side-wall instead of on the front door.....lol....most people take AT LEAST a cursory look around. I actually thought Canadian carriers made a strong effort....I saw almost no BB commercials...I saw a TON of carrier commercials either promoting the z10 or where the z10 was front and center. If one looked at phones on their websites, you couldn't miss it. It was out there.....people just didn't care.

And yes...if you work next to BB HQ, or are an engineer at BB, or live in....South Africa...then every single one of your 20 closest friends use bb10, and everyone you see all day has a bb10 device....otherwise, you may be fudging the truth a bit (I get the impression that the stockberrians are the ones most likely to go this far), or having some confirmation bias in your observations! lol. At the least, if your account is accurate, then your environment does not reflect the global reality.
    10-05-13 12:25 AM
104 123 ...