As some of you may know, I recently had a situation where an Ebay vendor engaged in a questionable manner buy pulling an auction in the last two minutes claiming that the item had been stolen.

I am interested in finding out if the moderators of this board would permit the establishment of a sticky thread where upstanding and reliable EBAY sellers could be validated. Blackberry phones are a pricey commodity for most people and they are much in demand. Unfortunately crooks know this as well, and they are attempting to defraud unsuspecting buyers.

My hope is that this could become a source of identifying trusted and reliable vendors, and help to weed out those who are not. This forum serves as an incredibly informative source for helping Blackberry users to better understand and enjoy their devices.

Finally, in order for this concept to work everyone reporting good or bad EBAY sellers must do so with complete honesty and integrity.
    03-09-09 05:56 PM
    I'll kick this off:

Has anyone used this vendor to buy phones? If so how did it go?

eBay My World - e_cell
    03-09-09 05:59 PM
    Well I get to report on this one as well.
    I bought a cell phone from E Cell on March 17. The seller took my money off paypal. Sends me an email stating that the item won't be sent for 5 days, because I'm not verified. They state that they have to wait for the transction to clear.

Ok, 6 days later I ask the seller if they have sent my item out. I get a reply back from the seller telling me that since I'm not verified they are not going to send me the item. But if I would like to send them a postal money order or have a verified friend at paypal pay for the item they would send it to me.
    Needless to say I have filed a dispute with paypal. And notified my cc company that funded the paypal transation as to what is going on.
    This company is listed as E Cell on ebay. They are in the UK. Beware!!!!!!!
    I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back its just a pain in the arse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:50 AM
    Wow. That sucks. 3 do hope you get your money back. That is so bs. I swear some people have no class.

03-25-09 03:42 AM
    You guys do know that there is a market place here and it has a feedback section. . Maybe this could go there? I do think its a descent idea.

03-25-09 04:57 AM
    Off the top of my head and, I may be corrected by other mods, but I really do not think that it is CrackBerry's place to vet vendors.

In a free market, caveat emptor - "Let the buyer beware." are the watchwords.

I do not feel that it would be appropriate for us to comment (officially under the CrackBerry banner) on the sales practises of others. We keep out own house in order, as you know.

Commenting on other vendors could conceivably lay us open to legal action under some circumstances.

I see not reason however why any member could not stay a thread in, say, the Blackberry Discussion (we wish to keep Marketplace uniquely for member buying and selling) for external vendor feedback. You never know, it might even get stickied.

Please be aware that these are my own thoughts and others may overrule or override them.
    03-25-09 05:07 AM
    We ain't ebay..any person who uses ebay does so at their own risk and ebay has measures in place for such things (be their measures good or bad)..no affiliation with us and as with any sales, caution should be exercised.

But again, we ain't ebay nor will we promote it in such a manner.

Take it to the source.

eBay Discussion Boards in eBay Forums
    03-25-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD