Does anyone know of Rim addressed its trunked emails yet? I heard some talk that they were not going to do that by the end of the year, not sure if it's still being done?

Yes I meant to say truncated, I think that's what it's called
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 01-29-12 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
    01-29-12 07:10 PM
    With OS7 devices Truncation happens now at 11MB, and the talk is once Mobile Fusion is in place, and BB10, Truncation will be gone
    01-29-12 07:35 PM
    With OS7 devices Truncation happens now at 11MB, and the talk is once Mobile Fusion is in place, and BB10, Truncation will be gone
    Brother I hope there's a setting so I can keep my email truncation. A 11MB email is already Large. That's quite a few pictures or whatever. A whole lot of txt. I don't need all that coming to my blackberry.
    01-29-12 08:45 PM
    Brother I hope there's a setting so I can keep my email truncation. A 11MB email is already Large. That's quite a few pictures or whatever. A whole lot of txt. I don't need all that coming to my blackberry.
    I agree whole heartedly!!

I will really miss truncation! when I travel Truncation saves me big dollars
    01-29-12 11:35 PM
    Those still under contract on OS6 phones shafted once again. It should be up to the invidiual to decide whether or not they want to receive full emails or not and this could easily be decided by using the send headers only option in BIS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-12 08:05 AM
    I just can't see how anybody wants emails that big coming to their phones. Even if someone where to argue that they didn't have a pc or the interenet they still can log into their email account on the blackberry and see the whole email.
    01-30-12 09:27 AM
    I just can't see how anybody wants emails that big coming to their phones. Even if someone where to argue that they didn't have a pc or the interenet they still can log into their email account on the blackberry and see the whole email.
    I do. In education it's not atypical to get very large emails in which we need to see the entire email. A lot of the teachers and administrators are very frustrated with truncated emails. When the districts in Oklahoma started allowing administrators to use iPhones, they went this route to skip the whole truncated email. I think the solution is to have the option to receive truncated emails or not receive truncated emails.
    01-30-12 10:45 AM
    I do. In education it's not atypical to get very large emails in which we need to see the entire email. A lot of the teachers and administrators are very frustrated with truncated emails. When the districts in Oklahoma started allowing administrators to use iPhones, they went this route to skip the whole truncated email. I think the solution is to have the option to receive truncated emails or not receive truncated emails.
    Did you just say you normally don't have large emails? So logging in is that big of an unconvience?
    I get large emails all the time. Let me tell ya its a pita. I hope that we will be able to enable/disable it when the time comes.
    01-30-12 11:29 AM
    Part of my work involves sending and receiving promotional posters, these in hi-res can easily reach 12meg but on my Blackberry I can't send or receive them which is pants.

It's embarassing to have to say please wait til I'm at my laptop and I'll send the poster enen though I've copied it onto my SD card, or in the case of when I receive something having to reply saying please waitl til I'm at the laptop to see it.

We're in 2012, internet speeds and capacities are much higher than they were, there is really no excuse for paying a subscription (to use BIS) and still having emails truncated!
    01-31-12 08:39 AM
    Even if they change it so e-mails are not longer truncated, by default, Im sure BB will give you the option to have them truncated. I don't see them doing that and taking away the option.
    01-31-12 08:48 AM
    Did you just say you normally don't have large emails? So logging in is that big of an unconvience?
    I get large emails all the time. Let me tell ya its a pita. I hope that we will be able to enable/disable it when the time comes.
    No. I normally get very large emails and large files. And, yes, it is an inconvenience to have to log into my laptop numerous times through the day when you have a phone that is touted as the best at email. The other kicker is since they are renovating the building I'm in, in the area I'm in, the net might down.

My dad's windows phone doesn't have truncated issues, my Android doesn't have truncated issues, iPhones don't have truncated issues...why in the world would a 'business minded' phone not at least have the option to get emails in their completeness or to be able to choose to have truncated emails...it's the best of both worlds.
    01-31-12 08:55 AM
    No. I normally get very large emails and large files. And, yes, it is an inconvenience to have to log into my laptop numerous times through the day when you have a phone that is touted as the best at email. The other kicker is since they are renovating the building I'm in, in the area I'm in, the net might down.

My dad's windows phone doesn't have truncated issues, my Android doesn't have truncated issues, iPhones don't have truncated issues...why in the world would a 'business minded' phone not at least have the option to get emails in their completeness or to be able to choose to have truncated emails...it's the best of both worlds.
    Blackberry is business minded but it's business minded from the employer's point of view, not the employee, roaming charges from UK to USA can be �6-�8 per 1mb, you do the math.

Anyway, 11mb email with 8mb attachement is more then big enough for me, don't forghet the email providers themselves have a limit, what is it for Gmail, 20-30mb? Whatever it is, there is a limit.
    01-31-12 10:01 AM
    Bottom line, its should be the users choice to have an option to turn it on or off.
    mark-d likes this.
    01-31-12 11:39 AM
    Ha ha, here we go, I host my own email with 1and1.co.uk, their attachment limit is 75mb, gmail limit is 25mb, therefore Google truncates emails too
    01-31-12 12:16 PM
    Blackberry is business minded but it's business minded from the employer's point of view, not the employee, roaming charges from UK to USA can be �6-�8 per 1mb, you do the math.

Anyway, 11mb email with 8mb attachement is more then big enough for me, don't forghet the email providers themselves have a limit, what is it for Gmail, 20-30mb? Whatever it is, there is a limit.
    That's why there should be an option. I never had a BB through an employer, so it being an employer issue is a moot point for me and many others.

I have no idea what the limit on Gmail is. I sent three attachements to my phone yesterday...one being 121 pages and the others being in the 60-70 page range. Let's see...the largest attachment at 121 pages was around 12mb and came out juts fine. So Gmail might be in the 20-30 mb range...don't know.
    01-31-12 12:23 PM
    Ha ha, here we go, I host my own email with 1and1.co.uk, their attachment limit is 75mb, gmail limit is 25mb, therefore Google truncates emails too
    Ok. I'm glad you were able to do a "in your face post." Then let the truncation be determined by the email host (yahoo,gmail,exchange,etc) rather than the size limitation on the phone. And then those users that only need 1,2,5,8,etc mb can choose that.

Nothing wrong with choices.
    01-31-12 12:26 PM
    Ok. I'm glad you were able to do a "in your face post." Then let the truncation be determined by the email host (yahoo,gmail,exchange,etc) rather than the size limitation on the phone. And then those users that only need 1,2,5,8,etc mb can choose that.

Nothing wrong with choices.
    Joke aside, in your case I would highly recommend a cloud service, I use dropbox, so I can send a link to the file instead of sending large files using up your data plan.

I work my documents on my laptop then they automatically sync to Dropbox and all I have to do is email the link. This way you are not limited to anybody's attachment limit, you can send 500mb file if you want.
    01-31-12 12:39 PM

Vzm and att have caps on their email attachments. My wife's iphone and daughter's galazy can't get attachment over 10mbs. So I guess the android and iphone don't have trunked emails.
    01-31-12 12:48 PM
    That's why there should be an option. I never had a BB through an employer, so it being an employer issue is a moot point for me and many others.

I have no idea what the limit on Gmail is. I sent three attachements to my phone yesterday...one being 121 pages and the others being in the 60-70 page range. Let's see...the largest attachment at 121 pages was around 12mb and came out juts fine. So Gmail might be in the 20-30 mb range...don't know.
    Sent them? Why didn't you sync em to your phone or at tbe very least drag and drop on to the phone? I mean it works you just have to figure out your tools. I plug my phone up to the pc and work off it as a HDD daily. Seems like this sure could help you out. Don't want to carry a data cable? Bluetooth my friend. Email isn't the only way to transfer stuff.
    I can transfer the media to my phone faster than I can make an attachment in email and upload and send it.
    01-31-12 01:13 PM
    Vzm and att have caps on their email attachments. My wife's iphone and daughter's galazy can't get attachment over 10mbs. So I guess the android and iphone don't have trunked emails.
    i have recived emails on my iphone that was 18mb and im with AT&T so im not sure what your talki about.
    01-31-12 02:20 PM
    Joke aside, in your case I would highly recommend a cloud service, I use dropbox, so I can send a link to the file instead of sending large files using up your data plan.
    My bad. I didn't catch the joke until I was looking back and realized.

I have unlimited data so I don't worry about data issues. And it wasn't until later today that I had that "Aha!" moment and just uploaded the pdf documents to my google documents. LG gave all LG users 50 gigs of Box storage so I do have that. And I have a dropbox that I typically use for storing screen shots and what not.

Thanks for the heads up though...I just don't know why I didn't think about it earlier.
    01-31-12 08:36 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I've had no problems getting up to 20mb attachments before. Not sure why your wife and daughter are having issues.
    01-31-12 08:37 PM
    Sent them? Why didn't you sync em to your phone or at tbe very least drag and drop on to the phone? I mean it works you just have to figure out your tools. I plug my phone up to the pc and work off it as a HDD daily. Seems like this sure could help you out. Don't want to carry a data cable? Bluetooth my friend. Email isn't the only way to transfer stuff.
    I can transfer the media to my phone faster than I can make an attachment in email and upload and send it.
    Yeah. Belfast mentioned the same thing. And I don't know why but I didn't even think about it until after emailing it to myself. So I uploaded it to my Google docs and then it was synced nicely.
    01-31-12 08:38 PM
    Yeah. Belfast mentioned the same thing. And I don't know why but I didn't even think about it until after emailing it to myself. So I uploaded it to my Google docs and then it was synced nicely.
    To be fair to you. I use my blackberry backwards from you. You work from your pc to your blackberry. I buil the data on the blackberry the transfer to the pc. So its pretty natural for me to work from an on the blackberry like its a flashdrive.
    I just looked it up and att says they cap at 10mbs. I knew they haven't been able to get attachments over 10mbs. My wife has to update some apps over wifi cause their over 10mbs. I dunno brother.
    02-01-12 12:24 AM
    You must not have collaborated on a presentation while traveling. It was always aggravating to not have access to the file I needed to review, even though I had picked up the email between flights. Lazaridis was REALLY serious about conserving "scarce" data....

If RIM wanted to be smart, the default would be to truncate, but a manual override would have been possible. Truncation was a matter of style. But since I am still running OS 6, I am stuck with it until I change phones.

Oh, but my work phone doesn't have a limit. It ASKS me if I am sure when it's a large file....
    02-01-12 12:30 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD